Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Premature birth...

(4 Posts)
Wuxiapian Wed 31-Oct-12 14:43:12

... almost.

Last Wednesday evening I had to call delivery ward after a day of pain in back and abdmomen (at 28.3 weeks).

Went to hosp where they discovered changes to cervix and 1cm dilation. I was put on drip to halt contractions and 2 steroid injections 24 hours apart.

The contractions settled (although the backache didn't) and, after 5 days, was discharged and told to return if any further pain or water/blood loss.

I am now 29.3 and terrified about the baby coming at any time.

Has anyone else had this/similar experience with threat of/and early delivery?

Many thanks in advance.

NAR4 Wed 31-Oct-12 15:15:16

I had this with my 2nd child and have had it again in this pregnancy. I am not worried this time because my 2nd pregnancy went to full term after the scary early start and I had to be induced at 42 weeks. This time it can def. be equated to doing way too much and I have since been taking things at a slower pace and listening to my body more.

Wuxiapian Fri 09-Nov-12 15:19:57

Thanks for your reply, NAR4.

How are you and baby keeping and, are you managing to slow down?

I'm 30.5 weeks now and, apart, from general knackeredness, I'm ok.

How many weeks pregnant are you now?

berri Sat 10-Nov-12 15:55:14

My waters broke at 31 weeks then DS arrived 4 minutes into my 32nd week, which was important because they decided he was over the cut-off time to automatically give oxygen etc.

We were both absolutely fine - he spent 3 weeks in the nicu but there were no after effects and he's nearly 4 now smile

There's a prem birth section on here somewhere which you might want to have a look at, or feel free to ask me any other stuff.

Keep your bag packed, just in case, but you still might go full-term!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now