Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Unknown

(4 Posts)
BionicEmu Wed 31-Oct-12 09:55:28

I was 27 weeks exactly yesterday. I had a routine appt with the anaesthetist, and happened to mention I'd been getting a dull ache low down in my abdomen, which was coming and going.

He took me round to ante-natal triage, who put me on the ctg monitor, and all was good. A doc examined me and did a fetal fibronectin test which surprised everyone by coming back positive. So now they're giving me steroid injections.

I guess what's confusing me is the doc said a positive ffn test doesn't really mean a lot. A negative would mean I'm definitely not in pre-term labour, but a positive means I may or may not be. My cervix isn't dilating, although apparently is a bit shorter and softer than they'd ideally like. But then I thought they only gave the steroid injections if they were more sure? As they could only really give them once? I had my last baby spontaneously at 34+0 weeks if that makes a difference?

BionicEmu Wed 31-Oct-12 09:57:41

Blinking heck! This stupid tiny phone keypad combined with my stupidly fat fingers meant that posted too early and without a title! Grr.

So I basically wanted to know if anyone had any experience of any of this?

ListenToYourHeart Wed 31-Oct-12 10:19:27

Sorry no experience but - bumping for you!

Hope all goes ok! And good luck smile

BionicEmu Wed 31-Oct-12 15:54:46

Ah well, thankyou smile
Still crampy but no full-bump tightenings, so that's good anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now