Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone get hormonal surges?

(6 Posts)
cupcake78 Wed 31-Oct-12 09:08:04

I don't remember feeling like this with my other pregnancies.

I'm only 5+5 and I'm getting surges of emotions from sadness to anxiety to bei g overwhelmed etc but all these are making me want to hide away (not possible) or seek out company etc. It's far more intense than I remember and it lasts for maybe an hr at a time then I start to feel something else.

With working lots and half term I'm finding managing this is tricky and I'm not in the kind of job where I can just nip to the loo etc.

FlaminNoraImPregnantPanda Wed 31-Oct-12 09:21:15

Me, but it's like a hot flush. One minute I'm fine, the next I look like a strawberry and feel like I'm being cooked alive.

Cutandstick Thu 01-Nov-12 19:04:57

Hi cupcake78, I'm 5+2 and having the same thing. I'm fine... And then I'm not! Anxious and horrible (to DP) for no reason, and then it just goes. I'm hoping it'll subside! I think it's worse when I'm tired - you?

cupcake78 Thu 01-Nov-12 20:01:11

6wks tomorrow and the symptoms are intensifying. Woke up feeling very flat and sick, have been up and down the last few days and go no energy at all. Another addition is my sex drive is most definitely active. My boobs, simply bloody ouch! By the end of the day I feel 9mths pregnant.

All good signs its just the rapidness of the changes are really hard to manage

opalescent Thu 01-Nov-12 21:54:39

Yes yes & yes. I'm 34 weeks now, and have had this all the way through. For me it's very much surges of emotion, generally overwhelming sadness, or a strange sense of longing. Only ever lasts a few moments though!!

lauraellajane Thu 01-Nov-12 22:31:07

I haven't had anything that intense but did shed a tears at Gavin & Stacey getting married while watching a rerun! need to get a grip!

Have also had quite a few random days where being pregnant just feels totally overwealming and I've come home and broken down in tears. Been alright once I've let it out though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now