Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39 +2 ! Cervix closed ...been induced next wednesday...what are chances of going into labour ..??

(18 Posts)
Boop33 Tue 30-Oct-12 18:49:58

So just that really .............I know some of you have seen my previous thread about been induced (i.e really don;t want to be ! ) .

Basically I have been to see consultant today and they have booked me in for induction next Wednesday (7th) due to raised BP. When she examined me today she said my cervix was still closed so I assumed this also meant there would be no chance of going into labour naturally anytime soon . But when i asked her she said its possible.

Just wondered what your experiences were of this ....how soon can you go into labour is cervix still shut ?? Is this no real indication of when it might happen.........???

Also any ideas for bringing on labour greatly appreciated !

xxxx

Boop33 Tue 30-Oct-12 19:35:49

Anyone ..............???? :-)

AlisonDB Tue 30-Oct-12 19:39:27

Have you seen the thread on Evening Primrose oil??
Maybe worth trying, it could help kick start natural labour,

Also you can't you just refuse to be induced, surely nobody can make you!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 30-Oct-12 19:42:15

When I was induced at 42+4, having had no signs of labour being imminent, my cervix was very unfavourable - high and posterior I think they said.

I had the highest dose of prostin gel possible and ds1 arrived about 7 hours later.

Hope it goes well for you.

Boop33 Tue 30-Oct-12 19:46:11

Thanks ....

Alison yes i could refuse but i have high BP so tbh i will follow the docs direction .

i I wish ohh 7 hours sounds encouraging !

would still prefer natural tho so have warned DH this weekend will be all about sex , long walks and raspberry tea

x

EverythingslookingRosie Tue 30-Oct-12 22:43:19

Hi,
The experience that Iwish had sounds great. Unfortunately mine was slightly different. My induction was started at 42+1 and my DD was born by CS 3 days later as I wasn't progressing. It wasn't completely terrible but I won't bore you with all the details, it was just long.
The midwife that visited us at home when we returned was the same midwife who did my sweep 2 days before the induction & she told me she was fairly sure I would end up with a CS but at the time she kept quiet.

Everyone is different though but you asked for experiences and I hope mine just gives a different perspective. Good luck with it all, once you have your baby in your arms you really do forget everything else anywaysmile

Boop33 Wed 31-Oct-12 08:26:09

everything - yeah I'm of the thinking that IF i end up been induced that i will will also end up having a section .......................Why did she say she knew you would end up with a section ??

I know it will all be worth it in the end ....just everything was going so well and i feel that this has put a bit of a spanner in the works.

Still there is still time now where did i put that raspberry tea.................!!
xx

Rockchick1984 Wed 31-Oct-12 08:56:06

I had an exam on the tue before my due date, the MW told me my cervix was still closed. I started downing raspberry leaf tea, and using an evening primrose oil capsule up there when going to bed, and I went into natural labour on my due date. No idea if the EPO and RLT helped, but it's definitely possible! Good luck smile

Boop33 Wed 31-Oct-12 14:00:07

ohhh rockchick sounds like a plan ............how long between the exam and due date ???

Where do i get raspberry leaf tea from ................??

Been to see my MW this morning and she just told me to have lots of sex .......which is fine but at the minute its probably easier to have LOTS of raspberry leaf tea than sex although i'll try that too !

Thanks for the encouragement xx

NAR4 Wed 31-Oct-12 15:20:28

I had to be induced with all 4 of mine. My cervix were 'unfavourable' each time, but they were all vaginal births. With my 2nd one in particular it took 24 hours and several doses of the gel on my cervix before anything happened and then he was the quickest labour of them all. You just can't tell.

Boop33 Wed 31-Oct-12 15:53:49

NAR4 -you're right everyone is different and no one knows whats going to happen in each case ....just hoping that is happens soon :-) xx

AlisonDB Wed 31-Oct-12 17:36:40

Way back when.......
My mum went 42+2 days over with me,
She was induced and from starting the process to delivery was 6 hours....
My brother 4 years later was planned to be induced at 42wks
But actually mum went in to labour at 41+4days,
Her labour with him was 12 hours,

And she still says that her labour with me was far easier than with my brother.
Both where VB.

Boop33 Wed 31-Oct-12 19:15:19

thanks alison ...there is hope then . The main thing is that i am concerned about the possibility of having to have a c -section if induction fails :-(

AlisonDB Wed 31-Oct-12 20:32:52

I have several freinds who have been induced, and although the speed varied non of them needed a ec.... so its not a given,

I know the though of an ec is scary, (i am also likely to be induced)
But so long as the baby is born safely i think that all that matters.
My cousin had an ec last month was out of hospital 2 days later and up and walking round within a week (although taking it sliwly)

StrawberrytallCAKE Wed 31-Oct-12 20:39:23

When I was induced with dd (42 wks) my cervix was behind her head and completely shut, after the pessaries I had some sleeping tablets and went to sleep. Two hours later I was in full labour for 4 1/2 hours and then she was born...it was lovely.

Rockchick1984 Wed 31-Oct-12 22:46:46

Sorry, exam was Tuesday, DS born Friday so 3 days. Raspberry leaf tea from tesco or Holland and Barrett smile

Boop33 Thu 01-Nov-12 08:28:42

thanks rockchick
strawberry : what a nice experience ...............I'm keeping that in mind :-)

Alison - i know baby's health is the main thing and i am happy to have an ec if that's what is needed its just like you say the time afterwards as well to recover

Going for bp check today so hoping it will be ok so they don;t want to take me in earlier
xx

riamay2011 Sat 03-Nov-12 00:48:10

Was induced with both DD's. one at 34 weeks and the other at 35 weeks both due to waters breaking both ended in emergency c section

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now