Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Slowly but surely loosing grip of my sanity...

(8 Posts)
PipIsOutNow Tue 30-Oct-12 18:10:56

Soooo I'm 27 weeks and I feel like I'm falling apart. I don't think there is such a thing as antenatal anxiety but I think I have it anyway. I can't sleep, Im constantly battling spd, back pain, heartburn and I'm so anaemic it's making me breathless and dizzy. I sit watching tv and feel so restless and fed up. I just don't know what to do with myself I'm so fed up. I've had to finish work early I'm in such a state.

Just wanted to offload really as dp is getting right on my pip and don't want to be such a moaner in real life! This is my 2nd pregnancy. My first one was so easy.

Anyone else feel like they're going insane?

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Tue 30-Oct-12 18:21:34

There is such a thing as antenatal depression that includes anxiety. Have you spoken to your midwife and/or GP about how you're feeling? They may be able to give you extra support. Hope you feel better soon.

btx. I'm pregnant with DC3 and although I can't say that either of my previous pregnancies are easy I definitely feel like I'm going insane with this one. Pregnancy while you're looking after a child is soooo much harder than when it's just you and OH.

Ladylike1 Tue 30-Oct-12 18:22:00

I totally know how you feel, I'm the same, and I have severe panic/anxiety attacks nearly every day. It's horrid.
Hope you're ok x

PipIsOutNow Tue 30-Oct-12 18:27:38

I've got gp appointment Friday so will definitely have a chat with her as she's lovely. I really feel like I'm losing the plot. Everything is beyond my control and for some reason it's really bothering me this time. Do you think it could be to do with ds1s traumatic birth? Maybe I'm getting anxious about it happening again?

It's not like me at all to feel so low and rubbish. I feel like I'm stuck in my own bubble and nobody cares. dp doesn't ever ask how I am or feeling he just plods on like nothing's happening. I think that's bothering me too. I feel really alone in this pregnancy.

God I do sound depressing!

spandau1980 Tue 30-Oct-12 21:22:47

Me too.. im really low and spd has been getting worse i have three boys already one who is very challenging shall we say... im very anxious tired and down
im on sertrine 50mg a day... its helping me manage my mood a bit...
Im 25+4 i was healthy with last preg s so this is HARD !!!

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Tue 30-Oct-12 22:11:19

Really hoping you all feel better soon. Have you thought about hypnotherapy for pregnancy/birth? The Maggie Howell Natal Hypnotherapy pregnancy cd is meant to be excellent ... I have just ordered it so can't comment yet. But I did read the book the other day and I have felt a lot calmer since reading it, and it has relaxation exercises for times when you're anxious or just need to relax more.

Hope your GP can offer some advice though Pip

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Tue 30-Oct-12 22:16:10

Ooo and I had SPD with DC2 and was walking with crutches. I went to see a chiropractor and after 1-2 sessions it was massively improved. After a few I was walking normally again and had little pain. After the first few sessions which were quite close together I did need to keep going - monthly I'd say - but it was the best time/money I ever spent.

PipIsOutNow Wed 31-Oct-12 08:14:33

Thanks for the replies. Feeling even worse today so really can't wait to see gp and get it all off my chest. I'm so unfamiliar with all this it's quite overwhelming. And I will remind myself of this thread in a year or do when I'm feeling broody and want another one!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now