Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

38+4 - are these really just braxton hicks or am I have a long latent phase?

(8 Posts)
iloveholidays Tue 30-Oct-12 14:23:58

Having "tightenings" every 5 minutes and fed up. I wouldn't say there was a distinct pain with them, but taking my breath away.

Only way I can describe them if that someone is blowing my tummy up like a balloon!!!!!!

I've had a lot of discharge, back ache, baby has dropped, toilet regularly. Pretty much every "sign" under the sun but not developing into anything.

This is DC3 so I should know, but waters broke first with DDs so unknown territory at the moment.

Just interested to know whether others had/have really bad braxton hicks this regularly? Been on/off for a couple of weeks but getting more frequent.

ItsMyLastOne Tue 30-Oct-12 14:38:12

I know plenty of people who've had regular BH like this but it wasn't labour. But then I also know of women who've not realised they're in labour.

I'd call your mw and see if she can come round and assess you. Also I seem to remember that if it's just BH then having a warm bath will make them go away. If they're real contractions then the bath will make them more intense. Worth a try!

iloveholidays Tue 30-Oct-12 14:45:25

They're just so uncomfortable and can't believe how regular they are but just not really painful, DD1 came at 36+2 and DD2 at 37+4 so I suppose I didn't expect to get this far either.

I wish I could have a bath... DD1 and DD2 here - it will have to wait until tonight.

Thanks for your help.

iloveholidays Tue 30-Oct-12 14:47:13

Seeing my midwife on Thursday, think she's on a course today. I did ring labour ward last night and they said to just wait until the pain came and take some paracetamol.

TheDetective Tue 30-Oct-12 14:56:01

My BH's take my breath away, and yes, at times they are very regular.

Frustrating, no?! grin

Also, all the signs you mentioned - yes I am having those! I am 39+3, and been having them since 36 weeks GRRR!

iloveholidays Tue 30-Oct-12 15:01:08

Frustrating is an understatement TheDetective. I'm the same... since 36 weeks. Was admitted into hospital at 36 who thought I was in early stages, made me paranoid as I was have so many BHs which is worrying if VBAC for the scar apparently.

I think because DD1 and DD2 were both early I expected this one to be too...

Hope your little one arrives soon. Is it your first? I'm hoping I'm going to be so pleased when I do go into labour it'll keep me in a positive mood!! smile I've already warned my parents that if I call in the middle of the night (to come and look after DCs) then they might get a cheer down the phone!! smile

TheDetective Tue 30-Oct-12 15:03:49

It is my second. None of this faffing first time around!! I'm also a VBAC.

I wasn't bothered until 2 days ago, but now my mat. leave has officially started, I want this baby out! But not on sunday, it's my birthday!

iloveholidays Tue 30-Oct-12 15:23:16

I had BHs with DD2 but none with DD1 that I can remember anyway. I'm seriously fed up of symptom watching, feeling like an invalid and not having the energy to do anything with DDs.

I know I'll be exhausted with a newborn but at least hoping the physical inability I seem to have now will improve!!!!

Not good at being pregnant - can't wait to have my baby!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now