Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Slumber Bear - are they worth buying?

(11 Posts)
BadgerFace Tue 30-Oct-12 13:20:41

I am having my first baby in January and I have seen recommended in a few places (and by a few friends) getting a Slumber Bear. Has anyone found them useful?

I am obviously all for anything which might help to settle the baby, my main objection is that they look a bit sinister to me!!

Ladylike1 Tue 30-Oct-12 16:42:27

Ok, stupid question, but what is a slumber bear?! blush

Ladylike1 Tue 30-Oct-12 16:45:26

I just googled it! Looks awesome! I'm totally buying one gringrin

BadgerFace Tue 30-Oct-12 16:55:42

Ladylike I only found out recently what they were! I looked at one of the sitting up ones in John Lewis on Sunday - it was a bit scary! Maybe I could get the lying down version, they look a bit less creepy...

FrightRunScream Tue 30-Oct-12 16:59:09

It completely depends on the baby. One of mine was a junkie for white noise, the other terrified of it still at 4.

Ladylike1 Tue 30-Oct-12 17:10:34

They have them all on amazon! grin

LeBoob Tue 30-Oct-12 17:11:20

I had an Ewan the dream sheep, he was fantastic x

Happykitten Tue 30-Oct-12 18:02:48

Just looked at these on net - they look fab. I'd never heard of them before. I wonder if they are as good as they say.

Ladylike1 Tue 30-Oct-12 18:15:09

I hope so, I just ordered one smile

Needalifeagain Tue 30-Oct-12 18:37:36

I second Ewan, my dd still adores him at 20 mths.
Only dilemma is pregnant with no. 2 so will need a Ewan alternative this time round!!

osterleymama Tue 30-Oct-12 21:19:34

We had one and DS hated it, but every baby is different. I would say don't get it until after he's here and see how he responds to white noise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now