Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Birthing partners...

(2 Posts)
mameulah Tue 30-Oct-12 09:24:11

Following on from the ace thread 'if you could give one piece of advice...'

What would be the one piece of advice you would give on how to be the most supportive birthing partner?

Thanks!

weeblueberry Tue 30-Oct-12 09:59:30

This is my first and I'm only 12 and a half weeks so am no expert, either on pregnancy or childbirth but I suspect it's very very personal.

For instance the only thing I've specifically mentioned to my partner at this stage is that I absolutely do not want him being all sweet and supportive. I know that sounds ridiculous, but when I'm suffering I just want to be left to do what I want. None of this 'oh look at you, you're doing so well' crapola. I really can't be doing with simpering midwives acting like they know me and are pleased for me etc. I want as much as possible for it to just be my partner and I and for him to just...be there. No gushing or anything, just a presence.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now