Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

8 +2 and now bleeding - help and advice needed please

(16 Posts)
Skinnydecafflatte Mon 29-Oct-12 20:36:14

Hi
Just been to the loo and there is bright red blood, a fair bit and some lumps, sorry for tmi. I don't have any pain but the bleeding is not good. I rang the midwife and she said I could go to A&E or wait till the morning and go the the EPU. If I went to A&E would they scan me? Not sure what to do. DH is out until 11 working and DS is asleep upstairs so I can't go anywhere at the moment. Please help.

kittykatskumkwat Mon 29-Oct-12 20:42:35

Hi skinny, don't panic! If it were me I would sit tight Untill tomorrow and go to the epu, not all hospitals are the same but my experience of a&e was auful, waiting 3/4 hours while bleeding heavily and no scan as there was no one there to do it ( at night)so no real answer until the following day, I think aslong as you feel ok the main danger would be ectopic so if you were in pain that would be a different matter?! Alot of people can bleed in early pregnancy so it may not mean the worst as scarey as it is, if you have any questions just ask, hope you are ok

addictedtolatte Mon 29-Oct-12 20:43:02

they will take blood test to check for a pregnancy hormone drop then a scan if they suspect mc. its not always mc fingers crossed for you

Squidge123 Mon 29-Oct-12 20:45:58

Hi, try not to panic too much, I had heavy bleed at 11 weeks with ds but all ended ok, fingers crossed for u x x

ProphetOfDoom Mon 29-Oct-12 21:11:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Secondsop Tue 30-Oct-12 05:38:50

Hi, I'd recommend going to the EPU, assuming you can self-refer, unless you get pain in which case you should go to
A&e as soon as you experience it. In my experience a&e won't scan but will tell you to go to the EPU in the morning anyway.

Best of luck - really hope all is well xx

Pontouf Tue 30-Oct-12 05:50:39

Hiya, just wanted to say that bleeding at this stage I incredibly common - this I around when your second period would have been due and sometimes your body just gets a bit confused. Having said that I have had bleeding in all four of my pregnancies and two of them have ended in miscarriage. The ones where I had bleeding at around 8 weeks though are he ones that have been successful. In my experience A&E will do nothing unless you are soaking through a sanitary towel an hour. If it's just like a normal period they will usually take bloods and arrange for you to go to EPU the next day. This has happened to me several times. I only go to A&E because it makes me feel like I'm doing something. If I were you I'd just wait and go to EPU. Good luck, really hope this ends happily for you ((((((hugs))))))

Aloha31 Tue 30-Oct-12 06:19:26

I had lots of same. Hard but you just don't know what it means.

My pregnancy was a dream apart from that and dd born very healthy.

Take care of yourself.

Skinnydecafflatte Tue 30-Oct-12 07:11:31

Thanks guys, you are very reassuring. Only a little blood this morning hut I guess it could have been leftovers as such. Will head down to EPU this morning and see what they say. It's taken two years to get pregnant again so as you can imagine this is a very precious package.

Elkieb Tue 30-Oct-12 07:59:06

I hope it's okay, I bled throughout my pregnancy which was terrifying but luckily he's here now and all okay. ((((((Hugs)))))))

Skinnydecafflatte Tue 30-Oct-12 20:44:26

Just an update. Scan showed very small baby measuring 2 weeks less than it should and no heartbeat. They will rescan next Tuesday just to check but chances of heartbeat are minimal and I am scheduled for a D&C next Wednesday. No more bleeding really yet but chances are i will miscarry naturally in the next few days. Thanks for your reassurances earlier.

Elkieb Tue 30-Oct-12 20:46:52

I'm so sorry. Will be thinking about you xxxxx

ProphetOfDoom Tue 30-Oct-12 20:51:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Secondsop Tue 30-Oct-12 20:54:18

Really sorry for such sad news x

whiterose2011 Tue 30-Oct-12 20:58:13

Sorry to read this skinny - thinking of you as this sounds quite similar to my experience. Be kind to yourself xxx

Pontouf Wed 31-Oct-12 06:04:01

Oh Skinny, I'm so sorry for your loss. Be kind to yourself and take it easy (((((((hugs)))))))

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now