Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Irrational fear of 20 week scan?!?

(5 Posts)
NewMrsH Mon 29-Oct-12 19:48:32

Hello,

I've got my 20 week scan on Friday and I feel so much more nervous than i did for my 12 week one! I'm scared stuff there'll be issues or my baby will have no heartbeat?? Did anyone else fear the same? I haven't felt my baby yet either so I'm so nervous...

Thanks

Xxx

Nigglenaggle Mon 29-Oct-12 20:23:54

I dont think its irrational I felt exactly the same! And its better to be prepared, but remember we only really hear about the scans that arent good, whereas hundreds and hundreds of completely normal scans happen every day. Mine was despite my worry and hopefully so will yours be xxx Its normal to not feel him/her yet. I saw my baby move loads during the scan and couldnt feel a thing, and I'm not overweight (well I wasnt then anyway!!)

panicnotanymore Mon 29-Oct-12 21:19:09

I was the same - didn't sleep at all the night before, and was uncharacteristically snappy the day before. I was terrified of being told of a problem so big I'd have to consider termination. I've had scary bleeding throughout, and have lost a twin along the way so I don't take anything for granted. My scan went fine though, as I hope yours will too.

sundaesundae Tue 30-Oct-12 11:41:27

I am absolutely bricking it about mine, I seem to spend ages googling all that could go wrong and the chances there is an anomaly. DH trying to be supportive, but is all happy and poisitve and finding me very difficult. I bought a doppler and can feel movement so I know currently bubba is alive.

I think the chances of an anomaly are 2% and the chances of it being lethal less than 1%, but my mind keeps telling me someone has to be in that group!

I have a week to go and not sure how I am going to get through it!

BonaDea Tue 30-Oct-12 11:45:48

I have mine next week, along with a fetal cardiac scan. I am looking forward to seeing the baby again and excited to be able to relax and start buying stuff for the baby...

BUT I am also dreading it in equal measure in case my dreams are somehow going to be shattered and that the whole thing will turn into a nightmare.

I think it is comlpletely normal to worry and as those above have already said, the chances that everything will be absolultely fine are really very high indeed. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now