Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Implantation bleeding experiences please :-).

(8 Posts)

I'm just wondering why I'm having pinky discharge when I wipe really. I know it can be a sign your period is going to start but I have never had it before. But I havent had it with my last to pregnancies either, so I'm puzzled.

The reason im asking is because i have been having mild cramps and pains in my lower stomach and shoulder pain which the 111 nurse was worries about.

Can anyone please tell me what there experiences were when they had implantation bleeding... like how much and how long it lasted... I'm sure my period will come soon, I'm just curious as we didnt use protection a couple of times and i fell pregnant straight away the first 2 times of trying. Thank you :-).

Onemoreforgoodmeasure Mon 29-Oct-12 19:51:30

I had implantation bleeding once. It was for less than 24 hours and I could easily have missed it, pale pink and week or so before my period was due. It didn't hurt. Last time I didn't have any bleeding but I had a pinching feeling for about 24 hours, it wasn't a pain or a cramp, just a mild pinch. If the nurse is worried shouldn't you go get yourself checked out?

dontcarehow Mon 29-Oct-12 19:55:01

my implantation bleed was really quite a lot of blood first thing in the morning, followed by nothing until the same thing next morning. it was also bright red. but i agree you should go get checked out

Jergens Mon 29-Oct-12 20:01:36

If you have shoulder tip pain it would be a good idea to get seen by a doctor. Should have read post more carefully but did you say whether you've done a pregnancy test?

My period is due within the week, the woman on the phone was concerned but the out of hours doctor didn't say anything about the shoulder pain. Which was last Wednesday... my doctors honestly dont really do anything, so i dont know what to do.

I've never had implantation bleeding before or a little bleed before period so I dont have a clue what is happening. Thank you for replying :-).

He tested me last Wednesday which would have been over a week before my period was due so it was abit pointless.

Jergens Mon 29-Oct-12 21:03:39

Riley, is the pain getting worse? The reason I commented on the shoulder tip pain is that if you had a bleeding ectopic pregnancy, one of the things this can cause is shoulder tip pain. I don't mean to be alarmist but you should really do a pregnancy test to rule this out.

I drink alot of water throughout the day so it wouldnt detect hormones, I will take one tomorrow morning.

Im just tring to think positive and hope its my period because the shoulder tip pain. ive already lost my little boy at 23 week and mc'd at 7 weeks, dont want to add an ectopic pregnancy to the list aswell!

I've not had shoulder tip pain for a couple of days, theres abit more bleeding but only when I wipe so surely its. my period coming early?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now