Talk

Advanced search

what is wrong with me, worried about everything. Rh neg 2nd pregnancy

(5 Posts)
slowgin Mon 29-Oct-12 17:59:18

I'm only coming up to 6 weeks and already I appear to be worried that I've miscarried, that my rh negative bloodgroup is causing problems (second pregnancy).

Does anyone know what happens with rhneg blood types? I had the anti-d jab given after last pregnancy but I'm obsessed things are going wrong.

Seeing doctor this week, what's the earliest they can scan? I'm on holiday mid december so need to know everything is ok.

I'm becoming a wreck.

ARightOldPickle Mon 29-Oct-12 19:07:41

I can't help with some of your questions but just wanted to say that I am A negative, had the Anti-d jabs and had 3 healthy babies who are now grown up. OH is O positive. Not sure what they do these days but I just had some extra blood tests during the pregnancies to check I wasn't producing antibodies. Please try not to worry!

slowgin Mon 29-Oct-12 19:22:57

Thanks I'm becoming ill with stress.
Dp must think I'm losing my mind.

I'm sure the doctor will help.

When did you have your first scans?

newpup Mon 29-Oct-12 20:00:41

Please don't worry. I have 2 healthey DDs and I am rhesus negative. My DD2 is now 10 but when she was born I had Anti-D after birth and that was it! No extra checks or anything, although things may have changed now. Be reassured that everything was fine with no pre natal intervention in my case.

I would make an apointment to see your midwifa and explain your concerns, I am sure she will reassure you.

ARightOldPickle Mon 29-Oct-12 20:05:27

I just had the usual 12 week scans. If you are going to the doctors this week please explain to them how worried you are, I'm sure they'll do their best to put your mind at rest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now