Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How did you feel after your sweep?

(5 Posts)
Gingerbreadlatte Mon 29-Oct-12 17:52:24

Been 'swept' today at 39+2. Early as I had a whopper baby first time around (almost 11lbs).

How did you feel afterwards if it did or didn't work?

Feeling lots of pressure and cramps and vv tired. Is that normal? Had some brown bleeding but not much.

Rachel130690 Mon 29-Oct-12 19:06:48

I had 3 sweeps, was crampy after and had a 'show ' but unfortunately it didn't work for me sad fingers crossed it works for you

blonderthanred Mon 29-Oct-12 19:49:10

I felt like that, later on had a clary sage bath and afterwards came the show.

Unfortunately it didn't work for me but I was only 37+3 and 37+6 so fingers xed you might be more ready to go than I was.

LittleNutTree Mon 29-Oct-12 20:18:26

I had a sweep with DD1 at 41wks and didn't feel any different afterwards, but I went into labour the next evening and she was born the following day.

I had 2 sweeps with DD2, one at 41wks and one at 41+3. The mw said that she didn't think that the first would work but that we would try anyway and I had no twinges or anything afterwards. After the 2nd sweep, I had mild cramps low down in my back (they felt quite period-like) from about an hour afterwards, until I went into full-blown labour 18hrs later.

I don't know if the sweeps led directly to
labour or if it would have happened anyway, but I felt like I needed to try something! grin

Good luck!!!

LittleNutTree Mon 29-Oct-12 20:19:59

Forgot to say that I had some brown bleeding too from sweep with DD1 and 2nd sweep with DD2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now