Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Viral gastroenteritis aka stomach flu!

(6 Posts)
Pritchyx Mon 29-Oct-12 17:06:30

Seriously concerned about this as my other half has just got it, from his nephew who's 9months and his sister and brother in law, no doubt I'll get it as I have a rubbish immune system sad
Is this something to be really worried about or can do any damage to our unborn?

leobear Tue 30-Oct-12 12:02:03

Hi - I don't think it can harm the baby, so long as you keep nice and hydrated. If you do get it, and struggle to keep down water, try sips of flat lemonade.

ladymia Tue 30-Oct-12 12:04:02

I had this when I was about 6 weeks along, now 20 weeks. I was just told to make sure I kept hydrated.

megandraper Tue 30-Oct-12 12:05:08

I had it in my first trimester with DS2. He is 3 now and doesn't appear to have been affected. YY to lots of fluids.

CharleeWarlee Tue 30-Oct-12 14:17:33

I had gastroenteritis when I was 32 weeks pregnant. Now 36. I had it for 9 days sad couldnt eat anything and the only thing I could keep down was a rehydration drink (lucozade sport type thing) I was reassured it wouldnt affect the baby as long as I drank fluids - the rehydration drink being the only thing I could drink.

Was quite worried as at my growth scan 2 days prior to me getting this I was told that babys growth had dropped - when i went back at 34 weeks she had rocketed confused

Pritchyx Tue 30-Oct-12 23:01:34

Well my other half is slowly getting better and I was sick this morning but was just water and I haven't had any morning sickness! But I've been okay since exception of horrific bellyache!
I'm just hoping I don't get it at all as I have my first scan thurs and don't want to move it! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now