Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone carried to full term with their 1st pregnancy?

(20 Posts)
joanna1990marie Mon 29-Oct-12 14:39:35

Hi this is my first pregnancy, would just like to hear stories that DON'T involve mc's xx

schobe Mon 29-Oct-12 14:44:15

What an odd question. Are you particularly worried for some reason?

Lots and lots and lots of people don't have a mc in their first pregnancy. Lots do.

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Mon 29-Oct-12 14:45:49

Ds1 was 40+2

Ds2 was 40+12

Waiting on ds3.

How far gone are you?

PeshwariNaan Mon 29-Oct-12 14:46:04

Erm, I'm guessing lots? about 75% of pregnancies are carried to term...

rubyslippers Mon 29-Oct-12 14:47:56

Unfortunately about 1 in 4 women has a mx

That leaves 3 that don't tho

Statistically then about 3/4 of women do carry to term

Are you particularly worried for Any reason?

noblegiraffe Mon 29-Oct-12 14:50:25

My first pregnancy went full term, am now 6 months pregnant and this one's going fine too. No miscarriages ever.

joanna1990marie Mon 29-Oct-12 15:02:32

I'm 9 weeks and 1 day, just keep reading about lots of miscarriage stories, had my first scan today and saw a little heartbeat, just hope it goes well. 1st pregnancies I have been told by my mum are sometimes used like a practice by your body and lots of things can go wrong, would just like to hear some nice stories as it's 1st baby everything freaks me out! X

AndDIEMacDuff Mon 29-Oct-12 15:05:34

I've only been pregnant twice and have two healthy kids to show for it.

Poor thing, it is tough when you let your mind run away with itself, which is hard not to do in the early stages of pregnancy. Try not to read too much about miscarriages right now, read some happy pregnancy stories.

milkyjo Mon 29-Oct-12 15:08:36

As others have said, if you are particularly worried don't read the miscarriage support threads. Your mum might just be trying to reassure you if something did go wrong but statistically 75% of 1st pregnancies lead to a baby. It seems a bit strange for your mum to say something like that - not that I know her - but does she have any evidence? Does she have any medical reasoning? Maybe she had a miscarriage before her first full term pregnancy and is worried about how she felt at the time if it happened to you x

joanna1990marie Mon 29-Oct-12 15:09:04

Thanks, I like happy stories, everything you read online about miscarriages all scare the hell out of you, I had an itchy boob the other night with a rash, typed it into google and it said I could have brain cancer! The internet is designed to give you panic attacks I think! Good old doctor google! X

joanna1990marie Mon 29-Oct-12 15:11:26

Yeah my mum had one of them deformities, hydatidiformoles, I don't think that's how you spell it, I think she doesn't want me to get too carried away until I'm farther ahead x

Greenoes Mon 29-Oct-12 15:17:23

First (and only) pregnancy 40 + 12!

I understand your concerns though - there were 8 of us pregnant at work when I was and I knew the stats...when 1 of the girls suffered an ectopic, I was convinced I was next sad almost as though I didn't deserve to be pregnant as much as them (conceived on first try).

Try to relax and enjoy it smile

TheonlyWayisGerard Mon 29-Oct-12 15:21:41

Yes. First and only pregnancy. Horrendous morning sickness. DD was evicted finally at 40+14. The worry never leaves you. Two of my friends were pregnant at the same time as me. One sadly lost her DD at about 22weeks pg. Agree with pp, try to relax.

ToManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Mon 29-Oct-12 16:13:14

Yes, first pregnancy delivered at 41 weeks, I'm now 36 weeks pregnant with my second.

BooBumpDaddyandMe Mon 29-Oct-12 16:26:24

Ds1 born on his due date gasp & ds2 cooking nicely, currently 37+4.
Try to enjoy your pregnancy, it can be a really amazing experience grin

Trazzletoes Mon 29-Oct-12 16:27:20

Yep, both DCs born after 40 weeks. I think that if you have a heartbeat at 9 weeks, you are much much less likely to miscarry in the first trimester. (I could be wrong but am sure I read that somewhere). It's hard but try to relax and enjoy being pregnant.

Greenoes Mon 29-Oct-12 17:00:35

And - STOP googling! I googled my symptoms a few years ago...turned out I had had gulf war syndrome (aka...a bit tired) wink

DawnOfTheDee Mon 29-Oct-12 17:03:35

DO NOT GOOGLE!

Btw...DD was born at 42+1. Full term and then some grin

ProcrastinatingPanda Mon 29-Oct-12 17:09:51

Yes my first pregnancy was to full term and successful, I'm pregnant for the 4th time and hopefully will have a dc2 in 6 months.

joanna1990marie Mon 29-Oct-12 18:16:10

Well I hope you have cured your gulf war syndrome! That's crazy! Yeah I think your right, no googling. It must be my mantra... Thou shalt not google.... Or you will have strange and fatal diseases! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now