Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stressing out 10 weeks and showing!

(6 Posts)
katesav87 Mon 29-Oct-12 09:07:30

Hi I'm 10 weeks today and I'm showing already I've had 3 previous miscarriages and 1 DD and I don't want n e one at my work that's not in my team to know due to be anxious I may loose it. I have my scan next week but nothing seems to fit I have to wear maternity trousers and u can really tell as before I feel pregnant I'd lost quite abit of weight! Wat shall I do :-( feel really anxious about it. I know I shouldn't and being silly but the thought of losing the baby now and then going into work and everyone knowing my business is not wat I want.

phoenixrose314 Mon 29-Oct-12 10:01:38

Hi Kate, congratulations on your pregnancy smile

Don't worry too much about showing early, in the early stages it tends to be water retension and bloating rather than the actual baby that's showing. I had the same problem, my abdomen swelled quite noticeably (or so I thought) quite early on, but in retrospect I realise that it was only very obvious to me because I was looking for it.

A lot of other people here trying to conceal pregnancies have suggested long, flowing cardigans (can find them anywhere and probably a good idea for the inevitable temperature fluctuations that will happen later on in your pg), or wearing scarves so that the attention is moved away from your bump.

Hope this helps, and remember the best thing you can do for your baby is relax and enjoy the feeling of being pregnant smile Good luck and congrats again.

Rockchick1984 Mon 29-Oct-12 16:09:13

This is going to sound silly, but how skinny were you before you got pregnant this time? It will always look and feel more obvious to you than to anyone else, but would show more to other people if you were size 8 with a washboard stomach than a size 16. Think about people you work with, they would have to be looking very closely to think it was anything more than just you gaining a few lbs back that you had lost - and is a perfect excuse if anyone asks you about it say you fell off the wagon with the diet!

Regarding clothes, I found the best outfit for me was blazer, jeans and scarf. Enough to hide everything that had grown (including my sudden fabulous cleavage!) but didn't look like I was hiding anything under baggy jumpers etc! smile

katesav87 Mon 29-Oct-12 16:17:40

Thanks everyone tried to get away with it today don't think anyone looked at me but my friends at work that know said they could see it. I lost loads of weight before I was pregnant and was a size 10 so I think I can defo see it more seeing I can't fit into anything size 10 now apart from leggings! I've only got to wait until next week but do u know wat I'm sure they know n e way as I'm up and down to the toliet all the time and I have to walk past everyone to get there lol. Plus I've come home because of my sickness and just generally feeling exhausted. Ill just keep my fingers crossed I don't lose this baby xxx

Rockchick1984 Mon 29-Oct-12 16:24:07

Hopefully everything will be fine for you this pregnancy - if you are still suffering with morning sickness and constant need to pee that can only be a good sign I'm sure smile

phoenixrose314 Mon 29-Oct-12 17:52:42

I have a good feeling about this one - and if your feelings are that strong then I reckon it's a keeper ;)

Enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now