Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I having a huge appetite surge at 25 weeks - is this normal?

(3 Posts)
Pinkflipflop Sun 28-Oct-12 20:45:55

I haven't been feeling overly hungry, well no different to normal until now.

However my MS is only rearing its head about once a week and I'm finding I now want to eat all the things I was turned off in the early stages.

Coffee, chocolate, pizza, pasta bakes!

I'm a little worried about ballooning in weight.

DangerMousey Sun 28-Oct-12 21:31:53

I felt this too at about 25 weeks! Now 35 and no sign of it abating!

For me it was such a relief after the first trimester of feeling sick and only bein able to stomach plain bland food!

I have tried to be moderate and not just stuff my face - some days with more success than others. I am making sure that i am eating 5 a day (with the emphasis on veg of lots of different colours and a couple of pieces of fruit). And then on top of that I am treating myself to whatever little treats I fancy (am averaging a slice of cake a day...minimum). I figure as long as i am getting all the vitamins I need, there's no harm in indulging my "cravings" for cake. I have put on just over 2 stone already so reckon it might be 3 by the end....more than is perhaps ideal, but nothing to worry about I reckon.

Ad at least I have had a little cake-shaped pleasure in my wine-free pregnancy smile

mrsbugsywugsy Mon 29-Oct-12 12:55:05

I've had this too - suddenly my cravings are for sweet, fatty things. Mmm cake. It's definitely pregnancy related for me, as pre-pregnancy I preferred savoury things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now