Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else not finding out the sex?

(19 Posts)
Adviceinscotland Sun 28-Oct-12 20:29:09

18 weeks now but high risk so had amnio and extra scans (everything looking great!)

We could have found out 3 times now what we are having but really really don't want to know, midwife phoned with amnio results last week and said she could tell me the sex and I practically yelled NO at her as I was so afraid she would let it slip.

Really not like me as in my other pregnancies I was desperate to know.

Kafri Sun 28-Oct-12 20:52:01

Hi,

I haven't found out either. This is our little IVF miracle and I don't care whether its a boy or a girl - I care that its a much wanted and much longed for baby. Having said that, I've got 8 weeks left and starting to get desperate to meet our little bubs :-D

x

Mummyof3tobe Sun 28-Oct-12 20:53:35

Yes me! I found out with my other two (one of each) and decided to leave this one as a surprise. I like the idea of finding out at the birth this time. Though I was questioning the logic earlier while sorting out boxes and boxes of clothes and thinking how much easier it would be if I knew. Am 34 weeks now so not long to wait....

Glad you got good amnio results. Hope you can relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy now.

NAR4 Mon 29-Oct-12 08:52:24

I didn't want to find out but hubbu did. Problem solved because they couldn't see at my 20 week scan. It will be a lovely surprise but I have to agree with mumof3 that I have had moments when I have thought it would be easier to sort things out in advance, if I knew. I'm just getting impatient already and have another 3 months to go.

us4downhere Mon 29-Oct-12 09:00:59

I'm 16 weeks and am really not sure...I didn't find out with my first 2 DS's but there's a gap of 6 years between youngest and this baby so I have sold everything and have to start again...keep thinking it would be easier if I knew. But, I like having the surprise of it on the day - and to keep the hope alive of a possibility of a girl!!

forgetmenots Mon 29-Oct-12 09:05:54

Nope I'm not finding out. First time and a much-longed for baby so it's part of the adventure for me! But if there's more than one in there I will change my tune!

Tweet2tweet Mon 29-Oct-12 09:07:36

I'm not finding out, I want a healthy happy baby. Nothing else matters other than that! One of life's best suprises so leave it as a wonderful discovery at birth I say.

tiredteddy Mon 29-Oct-12 09:18:32

usdownhere I have 2 DS already and a five year gap to this dc. I'm 28 weeks now. I did find out the sex for the same reasons as you were considering, getting organised etc. They said it's a girl but I've found it so difficult to believe. I am obsessed that they might have got it wrong and I genuinely think I shouldn't have asked! I'm so excited to meet dc3 I just am so used to boys I can't imagine anything else.

Chunkychicken Mon 29-Oct-12 09:33:24

We didn't find out with my DD and this time I was seriously tempted - mainly for organisation things, but also because I felt that knowing the sex would be the 'one difference' possibly, and I could get my head around having another more easily. This now seems like madness - if its another girl, she will still be different to my DD.

I am still wondering if digging out the pink babygros or buying new would have been easier, but I don't think I would have believed it until the birth anyway, so the 'yellow/neutral' gear would still have been on stand-by I expect!!

37wks today so hopefully not long now... smile

OoooOoooOoood Mon 29-Oct-12 09:40:04

Dc4 here and not found out with any. I seem to be unusual locally as everyone assumes I will.

It can't be changed and none have been named until I saw them anyway. Would be useful this time to know whether to keep hoarding dd3s things or not but I don't see another reason.

phoenixrose314 Mon 29-Oct-12 09:52:56

We're not finding out! Scan in a week's time and will be hard to resist temptation of asking, but this is my first (my hubby's third) and this is a much-longed for miracle baby, so frankly I couldn't care less if it came out with both genitalia, I'd love it all the same!!!

Glad I'm not alone - most people where I live seem to have assumed I will find out, and seem quite shocked when I say otherwise!

Adviceinscotland Mon 29-Oct-12 12:22:51

The easiness if getting clothes sorted seems to be the only thing that makes me rethink finding out but really it's not going to be difficult to send dh out armed with a list. Even he could not get mixed up buying baby clothes considering they are all either pink or blue.

Think I will do what I done with dc1 and have a bag of essential blue items and a bag of essential pink. The ones that are not needed can just be returned.

zareen1 Mon 29-Oct-12 13:57:21

If you're not finding out if it's a girl or boy, there's an online baby registry just for you. It's called NotFindingOut. All their items are paired into girl and boy counterparts. You can register for the items you want, you just don't know whether you'll receive the girl or boy version. Once your baby is born, the gender-specific gifts are shipped to you right away so you are equipped with gender-specific items. It's fun to have some gender neutral and some gender-specific goods when you're not finding out so this registry lets you do both! For baby showers, anyone who buys you an NFO gift will bring a wrapped Preview Card that shows the item purchased for you in both the girl and boy version so that you can see what they bought you but not have the surprise ruined. No one finds out what the baby is until it's born. VERY FUN!

Midgetm Mon 29-Oct-12 14:29:43

Didn't find out with DC1 , lovely surprise. Didn't find out at 20 week scan with DC2 but then went for growth scan at 24 weeks and didn't look away at the right moment and saw what could not be mistaken For anything other than a willy waving at me. hmm I was gutted as had wanted a surprise but worked out well in the end as DD needed time to adjust to a boy child coming Into the house....

2blessed Mon 29-Oct-12 14:44:56

I've not found out and I'm 32+1! I'm so excited to meet LO and can't wait for that "its a ....." moment. Its not made prep shopping any difficult, its meant I've had to be creative as opposed to going for blue or pink. Lots of people around me have been shocked, but hey...

PrincessPumpkinshoutsBOO Mon 29-Oct-12 14:46:28

13 weeks preggo with dc 3, I have not found out with either of of my first 2 and won't be finding out this time. We had an extra growth scan at 30 weeks with ds2, I told them before I even got on the bed I didn't know, didn't want to know and if they were wafting around that area to tell me so I can look away smile

Nicky1306 Mon 29-Oct-12 14:53:03

Me me me! Found out with my DD but not finding out this time!
What is everyone buying clothes wise? I've not bought anything yet (24+2) but thinking will stick to white as I think lemon is more of a girls colour.

X x

PrincessPumpkinshoutsBOO Mon 29-Oct-12 15:08:04

I went for white and cream for my 2 and will do again, then when people (inevitibly) buy you the right colour things, they all match and mingle, (a white babygrow looks lovely with a little pink/blue cardie)

Adviceinscotland Mon 29-Oct-12 16:49:10

I think of lemon being a girls colour and green being a boy, either way i sure I will be online within 48 hours of baby being born and giving the plastic a hammering grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now