Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5 lb weight gain in 15 weeks...

(13 Posts)
stickybean Sun 28-Oct-12 20:17:32

I'm 15 weeks and have gained 5 lbs so far. I'm not concerned one way or the other really but was wondering if this is high, low, average.
I do feel massive!

Was at the (very) upper end of healthy BMI Pre pregnacy.

How much had you gained by this point?

xmasevebundle Sun 28-Oct-12 21:04:05

At 15w i put on about 3lb, by 28-30 6/7lb.

I have put another 2lb since (32w), nothing to worry about! I still felt very bloated 15w and didn't loads, just in very small amounts grin

FatimaLovesBread Sun 28-Oct-12 21:32:11

At 15w I'd put no weight on, I still hadn't by 20weeks even though I had a definite bump. I think weight moved from other areas.
At 33w I'd put on 15lb. Haven't weighed myself since

kurlyvoice Mon 29-Oct-12 08:13:03

At 15 weeks I'd put on about 5lbs. I'm now 22 weeks and have put on 10lbs. "Average" is 2-4lbs per month in first trimester, then 1lb a week afterwards, I have read, so don't fret! grin

us4downhere Mon 29-Oct-12 09:02:45

I am like you - was at the top end of 'normal' for BMI. Am now 16 weeks and have put on 6lbs which according to something I read the other day is fine!!

CityDweller Mon 29-Oct-12 09:25:24

Handy pregnancy weight gain calculator/ chart here: www.calculator.net/pregnancy-weight-gain-calculator.html

Discolite Mon 29-Oct-12 10:45:50

I also had a BMI of something like 24.5 and at nearly 21 weeks I've put on 6/7lbs. I don't think this is quite enough but I've got a sizeable bump, I'm eating healthily including full fat yoghurt and cheese (and um, more cake than pre-pregnancy) so as long as I keep gaining, albeit slowly, with a healthy balanced diet I'm not worried. I had a normal 20 week scan last week as well.

Looking at the link that Citydweller posted, if your BMI is like mine then you come out as average - it says a gain of 2.9 to 6.6lbs is the recommended weight gain at 15 weeks.

somewherebecomingrain Mon 29-Oct-12 12:27:02

hi this is a big concern to me. i put on 4 stone during my 1st pg and ended up almost obese ever after (BMI 29.9). I probably put on two stone in my first trimester, god knows how.

this time weight gain going much slower - week 16 and 7lb. but bit shocked to see this is still a bit more than i should be gaining.

anyway i've been eating a bit low carb from time to time - i was doing it before i was pg and i think if your body has already adapted to it you can do it a bit when pg.

TashEv Mon 29-Oct-12 14:07:55

Thank god its not just me!! I am 15 weeks and have put on approx 7lbs of which most of that has been in the last week! I ate loads at first because I was soooooo sick and it helped but now I am trying to eat more healthy but who knows if it works.

I envisage I will be enormous so trying not to stress about it.

cupcake78 Mon 29-Oct-12 14:33:51

I don't think any of you have anything to worry about. I'm 6wks and 8lbs heavier than last monthblush

I have a choice feel dreadfully sick all day long or eat too much sad

upanddown83 Mon 29-Oct-12 16:20:29

Hi I have just had my booking appointment 1week ago and was 2kg heavier than when doc weighed me at 5weeks so in 6/7weeks I have put on 2kgs which is bout 4.5lbs

RightUpMyRue Mon 29-Oct-12 16:41:18

I'm thrilled to able to say I lost half a stone in my 1st trimester. Watching the weight go was the only thing which cheered me up during all the puking.

I haven't weighed myself for about 2-3 weeks though, have probably piled that half a stone back on and more!

In my 1st PG I started out very slim and ended up really quite fat so I'm hoping it'll be a more even progress this time as I'm starting out chubby not so slim....wishful thinking? Probably.

stickybean Mon 29-Oct-12 17:40:27

It's so interesting to see how different everyone is. I gained faster in my first 2 pregnancies but I started this one half a stone heavier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now