Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

5 lb weight gain in 15 weeks...

(13 Posts)
stickybean Sun 28-Oct-12 20:17:32

I'm 15 weeks and have gained 5 lbs so far. I'm not concerned one way or the other really but was wondering if this is high, low, average.
I do feel massive!

Was at the (very) upper end of healthy BMI Pre pregnacy.

How much had you gained by this point?

xmasevebundle Sun 28-Oct-12 21:04:05

At 15w i put on about 3lb, by 28-30 6/7lb.

I have put another 2lb since (32w), nothing to worry about! I still felt very bloated 15w and didn't loads, just in very small amounts grin

FatimaLovesBread Sun 28-Oct-12 21:32:11

At 15w I'd put no weight on, I still hadn't by 20weeks even though I had a definite bump. I think weight moved from other areas.
At 33w I'd put on 15lb. Haven't weighed myself since

kurlyvoice Mon 29-Oct-12 08:13:03

At 15 weeks I'd put on about 5lbs. I'm now 22 weeks and have put on 10lbs. "Average" is 2-4lbs per month in first trimester, then 1lb a week afterwards, I have read, so don't fret! grin

us4downhere Mon 29-Oct-12 09:02:45

I am like you - was at the top end of 'normal' for BMI. Am now 16 weeks and have put on 6lbs which according to something I read the other day is fine!!

CityDweller Mon 29-Oct-12 09:25:24

Handy pregnancy weight gain calculator/ chart here:

Discolite Mon 29-Oct-12 10:45:50

I also had a BMI of something like 24.5 and at nearly 21 weeks I've put on 6/7lbs. I don't think this is quite enough but I've got a sizeable bump, I'm eating healthily including full fat yoghurt and cheese (and um, more cake than pre-pregnancy) so as long as I keep gaining, albeit slowly, with a healthy balanced diet I'm not worried. I had a normal 20 week scan last week as well.

Looking at the link that Citydweller posted, if your BMI is like mine then you come out as average - it says a gain of 2.9 to 6.6lbs is the recommended weight gain at 15 weeks.

somewherebecomingrain Mon 29-Oct-12 12:27:02

hi this is a big concern to me. i put on 4 stone during my 1st pg and ended up almost obese ever after (BMI 29.9). I probably put on two stone in my first trimester, god knows how.

this time weight gain going much slower - week 16 and 7lb. but bit shocked to see this is still a bit more than i should be gaining.

anyway i've been eating a bit low carb from time to time - i was doing it before i was pg and i think if your body has already adapted to it you can do it a bit when pg.

TashEv Mon 29-Oct-12 14:07:55

Thank god its not just me!! I am 15 weeks and have put on approx 7lbs of which most of that has been in the last week! I ate loads at first because I was soooooo sick and it helped but now I am trying to eat more healthy but who knows if it works.

I envisage I will be enormous so trying not to stress about it.

cupcake78 Mon 29-Oct-12 14:33:51

I don't think any of you have anything to worry about. I'm 6wks and 8lbs heavier than last monthblush

I have a choice feel dreadfully sick all day long or eat too much sad

upanddown83 Mon 29-Oct-12 16:20:29

Hi I have just had my booking appointment 1week ago and was 2kg heavier than when doc weighed me at 5weeks so in 6/7weeks I have put on 2kgs which is bout 4.5lbs

RightUpMyRue Mon 29-Oct-12 16:41:18

I'm thrilled to able to say I lost half a stone in my 1st trimester. Watching the weight go was the only thing which cheered me up during all the puking.

I haven't weighed myself for about 2-3 weeks though, have probably piled that half a stone back on and more!

In my 1st PG I started out very slim and ended up really quite fat so I'm hoping it'll be a more even progress this time as I'm starting out chubby not so slim....wishful thinking? Probably.

stickybean Mon 29-Oct-12 17:40:27

It's so interesting to see how different everyone is. I gained faster in my first 2 pregnancies but I started this one half a stone heavier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now