Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Loose bowels

(4 Posts)
Kafri Sun 28-Oct-12 16:02:57

Another random question from me I'm afraid.

For the last week or so I've had loose bowels. I don't go any more frequently just that when I do it's looser - wouldn't say runs, just 'looser'. Throughout first and second tri I had bouts of constipation which passed quickly enough as soon as I upped fibre. Anyway, I'm now 32+2 and like I said I don't go more frequently, just looser when I do go.

Is this another 'norm' to live with til it either subsides or bubs arrives?

K x

iloveholidays Sun 28-Oct-12 16:38:14

I've had loose bowels for most of this pregnancy. I checked with my midwife because all I'd heard is that you got constipated, but she said that you produce an extra hormone (can't remember which) which can make your bowels looser.

So I've been told its perfectly normal. I'm now 38+2 and going more frequently as baby dropped - hoping a sign of labour impending but had it for 2 weeks now.

Good luck

CharleeWarlee Mon 29-Oct-12 07:08:44

Same here Kafri.. Im 'looser' but not got the runs. I have to go every morning without fail - was every other morning standard before pregnancy)

I was constipated hugely through first and 2nd trimester, as soon as 3rd kicked in they went loose

Kafri Mon 29-Oct-12 09:18:25

Well, looks like its just one of those things. To be fair, it's not the worst thing I could have to live with for a while. :-D x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now