Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just stretching right?

(4 Posts)
whatchagonna Sun 28-Oct-12 13:12:59

Am 23wks. Got up today feeling fine and then got some back cramps - one sided, like period cramps. On and off for an hour. Seem to have stopped now. Feeling quite sick too (but didn't eat much last night so maybe that had something to do with it...).

Had a very active day yesterday: on my feet all the day really, and carrying DD1 (2yr) a lot. Ended up with bad round ligament pain on the right of my bump.

No bleeding, no pain on peeing (so don't think UTI). Baby is moving fine.

Please tell me that this is just stretching/my body telling me I did too much yesterday..

MidLine Sun 28-Oct-12 15:31:43

Sounds like it to me or maybe a bit of gas/constipation? I know I've been v gassy throughout this pregnancy which has caused crampy type pains. Hope all is well, I'm sure it's fine!

Chunkychicken Sun 28-Oct-12 15:38:45

I'm nearly 37wks pg now, but I started getting bump & back pain at a (IMO) relatively early point in my pg, I think mainly due to the unconscious lifting of my 2 & a half yo DD.

I would try to take it easy, keep an eye out for anything untoward (like blood etc) and maybe get a support belt - I got the Carriwell fabric one (around £12 depending on shop) and have found it very helpful for ligament/bump pain when I've got a busy day.

whatchagonna Sun 28-Oct-12 17:16:00

Thanks. Haven't had any more cramping over the last few hours so am thinking/hoping it was just my body stretching as I got out of bed! DH has ordered me to the sofa for the rest of the day which is nice/frustrating (I hate doing nothing!).

Could be gas too - pregnancy does weird things to me in that respect smile

Definitely need to learn to take it easier though: so hard with a toddler, a job and a life to lead!! Totally out of character for me too, so will be a learning experience ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now