Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ive lost my symptoms, 8 weeks help

(44 Posts)
joanna1990marie Sun 28-Oct-12 05:29:01

Was only feeling really sick yesterday morning but this morning, nothing, my boobs hardly hurt, just ever so slightly, I've got a scan on Monday and I am just terrified, I've never had any bleeding but I've read that there doesn't need to.be. Please any one else had this and carried full term!? Joanna x

Scatterplot Sun 28-Oct-12 05:50:43

I had hardly any symptoms at all for the first trimester and everything was fine. Your hormones will be changing from week to week anyway so maybe you are just having a good day?

I'd advise trying not to worry and wait for the scan on Monday.

joanna1990marie Sun 28-Oct-12 06:34:47

Ooh thanks, nice to know someone else is an early bird too, have been reading alot of threads and worrying myself, looked on NHS and miscarriage symptoms and it said lack of pregnancy symptoms, thanks NHS!

edinfirst Sun 28-Oct-12 06:47:01

I felt the same at about 7-8 weeks and am now 16 weeks. It is hard in the early days not to worry but it is natural for symptoms to come and go as hormone levels change. You are lucky you've got a scan tomorrow (although I know the wait til then will feel like forever). Try not to worry.

joanna1990marie Sun 28-Oct-12 06:51:19

Thank you, it was only 3 or 4 days ago I had a humiliating bout of sickness, in a shop! Felt like I was about to faint, managed to get to the front of the que, but had to crouch down to put my pin in the card machine because I thought I was about to fall over, there was alot of people behind me, I just managed to shout at the shop lady BUCKET before I threw up spectacularly, people were looking at me like I was diseased! Lol.

edinfirst Sun 28-Oct-12 07:01:53

IME give it a few days or a week and you

edinfirst Sun 28-Oct-12 07:04:04

Sorry, silly phone...
All too soon the sickness and other symptoms willl be back and you'll wish you'd enjoyed these few days without them!

g0ldie Sun 28-Oct-12 07:06:40

I lost all my symptoms at approx 8 or 9 weeks really worried but all was fine! Now 27 weeks. Someone told me it is common to start feeling better at this stage as the placenta starts to takes over? dont know how true this is?
Good luck with the scanxx

joanna1990marie Sun 28-Oct-12 07:13:52

Thanks ladies... The palpitations have stopped now! smile. Will let you know how the scan goes thanks xx

Teapig Sun 28-Oct-12 07:25:29

I haven't had any symptoms apart from being a bit more tired than usual so was very concerned that something was wrong. My 12 week scan showed a lovely healthy baby, i'm nearly 16 weeks now and still no symptoms apart from bigger boobs. Sometimes I'd love some clear pg symptoms just to feel reassured but remember everyone's pg is different. Some people have strong symptoms and others have none at all.

Try not to worry, I'm sure your scan will be great.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 28-Oct-12 07:33:09

Mine quietened down at 9 weeks. I stopped puking, boobs felt less tender. Definitely a wriggly baby inside at my scan! I believe it's about the placenta taking over some of the hard work! I'm now 14 weeks and have thrown up twice in the last week so I think these things come and go! Try to focus on being positive, it's all that got me through smile

SucksToBeScaryMe Sun 28-Oct-12 07:35:34

I am 8 weeks too,(due June 2) and the first thing i thought when i woke up this morning was

"Wow,I don't feel sick today"
''Why don't i feel sick today?''
''Something must be wrong''

Good luck with your scan, i don't have one til Nov 15. I'm sure we're just paranoid getting further along in our pregnancies.

3bunnies Sun 28-Oct-12 07:41:36

I had virtually no symptoms in the early days with dd2, was convinced she must be a boy as had nausea with dd1. Pelvic pain kicked in at 18 weeks, on crutches from 23 weeks and sitting singing on the other end of the sofa now. Hope it's sticky, try not to worry at least you'll see it tomorrow!

joanna1990marie Sun 28-Oct-12 07:47:04

Yeah I can't wait! Started feeling a little bit sick just now, but I've just had 3 bags of monster munch, couldn't pick which flavour! Vvv excited anxious for 2morro, its at 10.05 x

joanna1990marie Sun 28-Oct-12 07:57:49

Oh and what does Dd mean? And ds?

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 28-Oct-12 08:10:46

Darling Daughter/darling son. There's a full list of acronyms at the top link here smile

CurlyhairedAssassin Sun 28-Oct-12 08:15:07

I had exactly that with my first, Joanna. It was really disconcerting. Had the scan just to check and all was fine. He is now 8! smile

pinkapples Sun 28-Oct-12 08:55:12

Hi Joanna your the same as me was feeling really sick last week now hardly anything I too have a scan tomorrow at 10am I'll be 7+6 grin

Fingers crossed for us both x

joanna1990marie Sun 28-Oct-12 08:59:13

Let me know how yours goes pinkapples and good luck, it's just the boob thing that's scaring me, they just dont hurt at all! X

panicnotanymore Sun 28-Oct-12 09:05:37

I've had virtually no symptoms the whole way through (22 weeks now). I didn't even realise I was pregnant until 7 weeks, and even then only tested because someone told me to. I looked different apparently. I hope you have good news at your scan.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 28-Oct-12 09:07:16

pink!!!! You're pregnant?! grin how did I miss that? Congratulations!!

joanna1990marie Sun 28-Oct-12 09:09:14

Thanks, it's just I had quite bad nausea before and sickness a few times, had cramps round my front to back, didn't think anything of it because they didn't last long, just worrying that it's stopped really quickly x

pinkapples Sun 28-Oct-12 09:09:56

Hehe faith grin yup for today anyway might be different tomorrow but fingers crossed

Will definitely let you know Joanna my boobs don't hurt either

joanna1990marie Sun 28-Oct-12 09:23:00

Cool good too know. Speak tomorrow xx

10storeylovesong Sun 28-Oct-12 17:16:24

I posted something very similar at about the same time as you. A couple of days later I started throwing up and haven't really stopped! My scan was fine and I'm now 13+4 and still feeling rotten - praying for the day I feel human again! I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine! Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now