Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Worried about losing the little bean!

(13 Posts)
workingonitagain Sat 27-Oct-12 21:35:51

hi everyone

found out im pregnant the day after my period was due.( 3 days ago) ive been getting consisntantly positive lines with different kind of test. although the lines are still not much stronger as they were to start with .
today i took a clearblue digital and it only said i was 1-2 wks pregnant, shouldn't it say 2-3wks
When did you get a really strong line on ur test ?
i read so much about people keep getting 1-2 wks on digital for a long time and ended up mc so very worried that's how im going to end up.
is there any way i can suspect if im going to mc? (never had one before)

thanks for ur advice

Ellypoo Sat 27-Oct-12 21:47:48

Hi and congratulations!

As far as I remember, the cb digital tests date from conception whereas docs will date from lmp, so test is a couple of weeks less than what you 'actually' are.

I understand your fear though, it's completely natural but really try not to worry too much, there isn't really anything you can do, except start taking folic acid!

GeordieCherry Sat 27-Oct-12 21:58:26

Seconding what Ellypoo said

CB dates from when you conceived. I tested the day after my period was due & it said 1-2 weeks. Did that one in the evening after getting a faint line on the Tesco one first thing smile
Medically, so Dr, midwife etc, date it from the date of your last period. I was magically 4 weeks pg in that case

Trying to explain it to non-baby friends is fun: "yeah, we conceived weekend x which is 8 weeks ago, but I'm 10 weeks"...

Sure all is fine with you OP, & Congratulations!

Folic acid & make a Dr appointment (which will probably be underwhelming but you get referred to MW) smile

cupcake78 Sat 27-Oct-12 22:18:31

All women produce different amounts of pregnancy hormones. The tests work on the average amount. Good luck and try to rest.

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Sat 27-Oct-12 22:22:02

Stop testing! You're making yourself worry!

What elly said.

Congratulations. grin

whatchagonna Sat 27-Oct-12 23:25:02

Stop testing!!!

If your pee was slightly more dilute, or the test was slightly different to the others then it would read differently.

Testing will drive yourself crazy and waste a lot of money. You've passed the date of your period: that's a really great sign. Try to put away the tests and time will pass I promise.

Fluffyfish Sat 27-Oct-12 23:35:19

In my first pg clear lie digital went from 4-5 weeks to 2-3 weeks. Went for early scan as it freaked me out but turns out imtby just aren't that accurate especially if done with non morning urine. This pregnancy I didn't get one of those and have been less paranoid.

TodaysAGhoulDay Sun 28-Oct-12 00:17:48

Stop testing! Even if the very worst happened and you MCd, there would still be enough pregnancy hormone in your body for the tests to come up positive for several more weeks. All you're doing is wasting money, as I found out to my cost. Relax, enjoy the peace and quiet and lack of morning sickness, time goes too quickly to waste on worry.

workingonitagain Sun 28-Oct-12 07:47:14

thanks ladies, i've already got 2dc so you would think im pro in pregnancy and only had them in the last 3 years. im a bit of a worrier and also had a pretty bad pregnancy last time.
i'll try and stop testing but will probaby book in for an early scan around 8 weeks as can't hold out until 12.
i will try and enjoy it as it's our last.
Morning sickness seems to be appearing now so that's a bit more reassuring.

Thanks again and i'll let you know what happens xx

Mumof3cheeky Sun 27-Aug-17 17:29:10

I'm looking back on my old posts and noticed this and thought I'd update. I did end up losing that bean. Went for a few scans and it did not develope past 6 weeks so at around 11 weeks I was given medication to end it.
On a happier note the following month I conceived my 3rd dad and he is now a happy healthy 3 year old.
Just as well we have decided to try for one more so back again on mn 😀

Mumof3cheeky Sun 27-Aug-17 17:30:54

I didn't conceive my dad 😂 It was my ds obviously

DragonsandDungeons Sun 27-Aug-17 17:32:46

Ignore the bloody weeks indicator.

It stayed on 1-2 for ages with both of my pregnancies. One was fine one was a miscarriage. So it means nothing!

Chels190 Sun 27-Aug-17 20:01:31

I was in the exact same position as yourself! Don't do anymore tests your causing yourself unnecessary stress and upset- keep thinking positively & keep picturing that little bean grown inside of you becoming bigger and stronger! Hope all works well!
I'm currently 33 weeks & 2 days! Good luck❤️

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now