Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning Sickness Tips

(13 Posts)
SpookySparkle Sat 27-Oct-12 19:06:04

Hey ladies

I'm assuming these threads have been done to death but I was wondering if you'd all share your morning sickness tips?!

I'm 6 weeks today had morning sickness for about a week!! I'm coping at the moment that's to peppermint tea and sour haribo but is there anything else you would recommend?

devonsmummy Sat 27-Oct-12 19:12:17

Crackers
Rich tea biscuits
Ginger biscuits
Sherbet lemons
Peanuts
Fizzy water
Plain white fish ( I had all day sickness)
And for me 1st time round mars bars!

StrawberrytallCAKE Sat 27-Oct-12 19:14:40

Sea sickness bands
Morning sickness hypnotherapy cd
Lemonade
Salt and vinegar walkers crisps
Keep biscuits next to the bed
Mashed potato

Congratulations and good luck, hope the sickness passes quickly!

Isandri Sat 27-Oct-12 19:33:15

Vitamin b6 25mg three times a day smile boiled sweets or fishermans friends to suck on. I bought some retro sweets online rubarb and custard etc

louise2011 Sat 27-Oct-12 19:36:13

Peppermint tea- little sips only. Ready brek & plain rice. Homemade soup but only if I didn't make it. Really feel for you. I only thing that kept me going was knowing I still had to be pregnant as I felt so awful

MsPickle Sat 27-Oct-12 19:36:15

I don't know who posted it but I remember reading on one thread that sitting on the bathroom floor and howling "I want to die now" can help. I'm 33 weeks and still sick and this has helped me some of the time! wink

Otherwise;

Eat before you get out of bed. I have had Nairns ginger oatcakes or got dh to make me toast

Taking my multivitamin in the evening rather than the morning

Haribo etc

Hopefully yours will pass quickly but it's a miserable thing to experience whatever the duration.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 27-Oct-12 20:02:34

Ice lollies (Er yes I'm aware how cold it is!). I found I could eat after j had an ice lolly, they settled my stomach. I cut out caffiene too because it seemed to trigger it off. Eating little and often helped - I'd only have one slice of toast a breakfast because having another would make me sick!

ellesabe Sat 27-Oct-12 20:12:26

Try if you can to spot a theme with the foods you can tolerate. For me it was crunchy things! And a friend of mine could only eat beige-coloured foods smile

NAR4 Sat 27-Oct-12 23:17:30

Mashed potato seemed to help a lot, as did rich tea biscuits. I took both everywhere, with a bottle of water. As soon as I felt a bit off, I ate something, which seemed to help a bit. I soon discovered that it is more comfortable to vomit food than on an empty stomach. Gross but true. Trial and error also teaches you what is alright coming back up and what is really unpleasant in reverse.

Hope it stops soon.

queenofthepirates Sat 27-Oct-12 23:32:16

ginger ale/beer
beer (maybe not)

SpookySparkle Sun 28-Oct-12 09:47:39

Thanks ladies, I'll definitely try your ideas, but it kicked up a notch yesterday night with full on exorcist style vomiting which my husband informed me smelt like haribo, funny cus that's not what it tasted like!!! There was more this morning, gross!!

pinkfairy85 Sun 28-Oct-12 10:17:24

Hi, I'm 21 weeks and still sick. I've tried all the ginger things, plain foods etc but seem to go through weekly phases of what I can stomach. Apparently flat coke is a good one, I'm tryin this next as have had a really bad couple of days so will try any new ideas!!!! Any tips would be awesome!!!!!

SpookySparkle Mon 29-Oct-12 11:49:30

Pink I really feel for you!! I've been like this for a week with full on vomitting kicking in over the weekend and I already dont know how I'm going to cope!!! Im having to play every day by ear, if I can eat, I'll eat, if not then I'll spend my time hugging the toilet waiting for the flow to stop!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now