Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Night lights ..please help !

(15 Posts)
Boop33 Sat 27-Oct-12 16:53:29

Can anyone suggest a good nightlight for newborns which can be put in mine and DH bedroom to start with and then transferred to nursery . I have had a look but cannot really see any which catch my eye or seem to fit the bill ...........!!

Thanks

xx

Knowsabitabouteducation Sat 27-Oct-12 16:55:30

We used to just keep the hall light on.

windsurf74 Sat 27-Oct-12 16:55:53

Grobag egg - bonus, it measures the temperature in your room at the same time! smile You can get them in Tescos now.

lindsell Sat 27-Oct-12 16:58:02

My baby monitor has a nightlight on it, it's a bt digital one.

Boop33 Sat 27-Oct-12 17:01:43

thanks ....

windsurf my sis in law is getting us one of those gro eggs do they have sufficient light as well ( we were getting it for the room thermometer!)

knows i had thought about that too .............

lindsell we are borrowing a baby monitor ..............

kellestar Sat 27-Oct-12 17:04:55

Gro egg is enough light to feed/ check on baby without waking. Will be sneaking it out of DD's room for DC2 in april. Will have to buy DD a more grown up version.

Timeforabiscuit Sat 27-Oct-12 17:05:04

I second the growbag egg -- nice soft light and really handy for spotting if the room is too hot

bonzo77 Sat 27-Oct-12 17:07:10

Another one with a light on the monitor.

Marmiteisyummy Sat 27-Oct-12 17:12:20

I bought these candle lights for this very purpose and they have been great. Enough light to feed by without too much and very portable. Still using them now DS is 2.5 to go in and tuck him in before we go to bed.
Recharge lasts 1-2 months depending on usage. 1 month if using for few hours a day.

backwardpossom Sat 27-Oct-12 20:55:09

I used a lamp with a dimmer, was perfect.

AlphabetiSpaghetti Sat 27-Oct-12 20:57:56

I have lindam plug in one. It gives off a lovely snuggly colour. You can get them on amazon.

jenbird Sat 27-Oct-12 21:35:11

If you're looking for something that is more of an heirloom piece then these china rabbit night lights are beautiful. I got one for my SIL and it gives off a really soft glow: www.littleyellowbirds.co.uk/products/china-rabbit-night-light

katiecubs Sun 28-Oct-12 09:26:46

Ikea do some really cute ones - little characters that touch on/off and can be plugged in or charged up.

EMS23 Sun 28-Oct-12 09:28:47

I use the Phillips candles too, great as you can carry them with you from room to room so not having to negotiate stairs, sleeping dogs and toys on the landing in darkness!

mamababa Sun 28-Oct-12 09:30:15

We just have a plug in one from mothercare. Not as pretty as the gro egg though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now