Talk

Advanced search

Is there really only one?

(8 Posts)
Littlelot Sat 27-Oct-12 11:24:42

I'm now 31 weeks and baby according to the MW baby is head down but I can't believe how far his little arms and legs must reach as I am getting kicks and pushes all over my tummy. It is very reassuring and I wouldn't be without them for the world (though I have to repeat this to myself when a sudden kick wakes me at 4am) but sometimes it does feel as though there are definitely more than 4 limbs moving in there. Anyone else?

Also feels like he is so much stronger now - I find it hard to picture him as a little tiny newborn especially when he is wriggling around.

This is probably my favourite thing about being pregnant when I feel him moving around - it feels very special. No questions really just wanted to share.

xx

Funnylittleturkishdelight Sat 27-Oct-12 11:33:08

I love feeling the baby move, it's such a special feeling and makes me feel like a mum. This was an unplanned pregnancy and a bit of a shock, and it's taken me a while to get my head round it all, but those first kicks make me feel like my child loves me already and reminds me what a huge part of me they already are! Literally and figuratively!

mameulah Sat 27-Oct-12 11:55:42

Littlelot

I feel sooooooo much better reading your thread. I am 37 +4 and if I didn't know better I would think that my baby was in there with scuba diving gear and able to explore everywhere. My DH has also noticed how much stronger the baby's movements are getting. Sorry if this is tmi but often I notice jabbing in my ribs at the same time as getting kicking waaay down below. It really is delicious though.

Have you been for a 3-D scan? We hadn't considered it but because we hadn't had a scan since week 20 decided to go. That really helped me understand that all the movements are our wee baby.

Littlelot Sat 27-Oct-12 13:47:56

Mameulah

3-D scan sounds brill and I can see how it would be a big help but can't really justify the cost at the moment. We have just moved to new country and DH has just started new job and so would find it difficult to get time off. However, the medical system here is fantastic and much as I would love to see him again on the screen I am confident that everything is progressing as it should be.

mameulah Sat 27-Oct-12 13:59:01

Oh how exciting, a new country! If you don't mind me asking where are you-ish? I lived overseas for three years and know lots of people that have had their babies in bizarre places, it all adds to the excitement.

We live in Scotland and were able to get the scan in the evening. I hope you don't mind me saying, and in no way am I trying to put you under any pressure at all but our 3-D scan was the best £100 we have spent in ages. And I honestly don't know what was better, looking at our baby or me looking at my DH face. The price should have been £120 but we had a discount because we had previously paid for a scan at 9 weeks because this time last year we had a missed miscarriage and I really needed to know that in this pregnancy the baby was actually growing.

The most bizarre thing about the 3-D scan was that the baby looks like me. How surreal is that?!!

Littlelot Sat 27-Oct-12 14:49:03

We have just moved to Switzerland and loving it here. Although probably not high on the list of bizarre places to have a baby. We were previously in Qatar but left when we knew I was pregnant - did not fancy having a baby there. People do tend to think you are a bit mad when you say you are pregnant and moving abroad so its nice when to hear it described as exciting rather than crazy! Where did you live for your three years?

Will have to find out about 3d scans but if it is like everything else here will be very expensive. Shall see what DH says.

Can't imagine seeing the baby's face and actually recognising features that must have been amazing.

mameulah Sat 27-Oct-12 18:47:54

I was in Denmark, Japan and Vietnam. My friend had her baby in Vietnam and when she left the hospital the baby got its own motorbike face mask. How so cute is that!

Having a baby anywhere is wonderful but having a baby overseas adds so much more excitement. Your baby is going to have the best 'when I was born' stories. I know a little girl who was born in Australia and she is so proud when she tells people.

I can imagine a 3-D scan in Switzerland would be very expensive. Still not to worry, not long now until you meet your wee cherub and the wonderful surprise of who s/he is will be revealed!

cupcake78 Sat 27-Oct-12 18:50:13

Never underestimate the effect knees and elbows can have wink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now