Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I've got a cold : (

(7 Posts)
Mrsb999 Sat 27-Oct-12 10:32:22

What can I take? So far I have stuck to occasionally paracetamol and hot water with slices of fresh lemon.

I'm 19 weeks if that makes a difference

Xxx

MaMaPo Sat 27-Oct-12 10:35:40

I think that's about it. I'm 33 weeks and have a rotten cold, and it's not been much fun. I resorted to sticking my head over a bowl of steaming water and eucalyptus oil, but I don't feel it has done very much.

Keep warm, keep hydrated, and sleep as much as you can. Add some honey into your lemon and hot water and keep taking the paracetamol according to instructions as you need to. Don't bother spending lots of £ on other remedies.

Hope we both feel better soon!

Mrsb999 Sat 27-Oct-12 10:42:54

Thanks, didn't think there was much else I could take but thought I would ask.

Hope you feel better soon
Xx

Binkybix Sat 27-Oct-12 10:45:24

I'm just recovering from a bug that has felt very much like flu, and it was horrid not being able to take anything. You have my sympathy sad

Mrsb999 Sat 27-Oct-12 10:48:06

Yep, and it's typical I feel worse now it's the weekend!!

Ipp3 Sat 27-Oct-12 10:52:56

I had congestion and used a steamer from boots which really helped to relieve the pain as I used it.

mrsbugsywugsy Sat 27-Oct-12 11:27:46

me too sad

I have been having hot honey, lemon and ginger, olbas oil for blocked nose, and ricola sweets for a sore throat. As far as I know these are all OK.

Oh and I'm eating lots of satsumas - I'm craving them at the moment, and I wonder if it's because I need the vitamin c.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now