Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Quick questions please twins

(9 Posts)
littlehelp Sat 27-Oct-12 10:15:25

Ok so i am not due till today and i tested a few days ago and got a positive i am 1-2 weeks on cb digital.

I did a frer about 4days before af was due and got a instant line, so the hcg levels must be quite high.

Has anyone experienced this with twins? also feeling pretty sickly today and boobs are on fire really hot and tingly lol

Even though i am only 4 weeks pregnant

Anythoughts

KnackeredCow Sat 27-Oct-12 11:56:53

Yes grin

I got a twp (that took ages to show) on a first response 5 days before AF was due. A CB digital (4 days before) gave me a +ve 1-2 the following day.

That said, everybody's HCG levels differ. It's more than possible to have a high beta with a singleton. I'd had IVF and we'd had two embryos put back. I also had my betaHCG measured (by blood test) at 14 days past egg collection / ovulation, 16 days and 21 days. At 14 and 16 days it wasn't massively high even though I'm expecting twins. Apart from tiredness and needing to wee loads, I didn't really have any symptoms until about 6 weeks.

Good luck!

Jojay Sat 27-Oct-12 12:00:21

I had twins, but the CB test was normal and I had hardly any pg symptoms, no morning sickness etc.

Handsfulloffun Sat 27-Oct-12 12:03:30

I have twins, tested before af was due and got a faint line - sorry not to sure if that makes any difference.

I did feel very tired, sick and had very sore boobs quite early on, but didnt find out we were having twins till the 12 week scan.

A friend of mine also had all of the above and had a singleton.

Congratulations

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Sat 27-Oct-12 12:04:38

I have twins. No extra symptoms, no sickness etc.
I did test positive 4 days early on a standard HPT but on my singleton pregnancy I did too.

Why do you think it's twins?

10storeylovesong Sat 27-Oct-12 14:16:07

I started being sick at 3+1, strong line 3 days before due and terrible tiredness etc, plus twins run in my family.

Was very surprised at scan to only see one in there!

HappyAsASandboy Sat 27-Oct-12 14:26:14

I had twins.

I had a really feint line for about 3 weeks after AF due, then it got a bit stronger.

No morning sickness, no sore boobs til about 14 weeks. Felt a bit tired from about 8 weeks tho.

I am not convinced there's any relationship between strength of PG test line and number of babies. More likely just different for different women.

whatchagonna Sat 27-Oct-12 15:28:48

Both pgs I've had dreadful MS from about three days after ovulation.

Both singletons. I don't really think it makes much difference. If you look at charts of HCG levels in singleton and twin pregnancies the ranges overlap (so a high level is either a high amount for a singleton or a low amount for twins if that makes sense).

littlehelp Sat 27-Oct-12 16:41:18

Thank you for the responses, this is second pregnancy have a DS, twins run in my nan's side.

Just curious as its really different to last pregnancy

Only time will tell roll on 20th dec for my 11 week scan grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now