Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Molar or Multiple?

(1 Post)
BonnieBeaumont Fri 26-Oct-12 23:28:37

Hi everyone, I'm looking for your opinions/experience...

I found out I was pg just under a fortnight ago. Although my last period was 30th August, my cycles are usually around 50 days so when CB Digital said 2-3 weeks it sounded about right...

Last Friday I started spotting slightly (only when I wiped) and had a transvaginal scan at the EPAU on Monday. There was an empty sac but I wasn't too worried as going by my dates I would be around 5 weeks. The sonographer noticed another smaller, empty sac as well and some 'bubbling' but said the scan was inconclusive and to come back in a fortnight...

At the same time my bloods were taken and I received a phonecall the next day to tell me they were 17000. Coupled with the 'bubbling' the EPAU suspected a molar pregnancy. I met with a consultant later that day who is of the view that we should wait and see if both sacs progress. I'm the daughter of a non-identical twin which may also be relevant. I asked if my scans 'scream' molar to her and she said that they didn't. 48hrs later my hcg was 21800. I have to wait until 5th Nov but I'm going crazy with worry.

My spotting stopped completely within a day or so, no cramps, no clots but shouldn't the hcg double every 48 hours?

Thanks so much for reading. Molar or Multiple? Can you shed any light? xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now