Talk

Advanced search

Dur..... Silly things you do whilst pregnant

(28 Posts)
squeezeemout Fri 26-Oct-12 19:12:29

I know theres been a million of these threads, but i just read on Facebook a girl I went to school with is 12 weeks pregnant, I was insanely jealous for a few minutes until I looked down at my own belly, I'm 38 & 1/2 weeks!!!!.....& i have 2 kids the youngest being 13months!!' How did I forget? & does this happen to other people?

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 27-Oct-12 12:35:37

I just ran to the pharmacy with 10 minutes til it closed (desperately need prescribed hand wash for work on Monday!) in the pouring rain. Its a 10 minute walk so I part ran/ part power walked! Could hardly say my name when I got there! smile

CalamityJ Sat 27-Oct-12 15:17:41

I was pretty sick for the first 4 months of pregnancy and had bought 2 pairs of maternity trousers for when I needed them at work after I got back from my 3 week holiday. I had started taking cyclizine just before and so over the holiday had eaten and drunk normally rather than the bare minimum previously. I tried one of the pairs of maternity trousers on the first morning I was going back to work and I couldn't get them over my thighs. I couldn't believe I'd put on so much weight in 3/4 weeks! So I reluctantly removed them only to look down and see I was trying to put them on back to front! I turned them round and they fitted perfectly! Durrrrrrrrrrrrr!

TheDetective Sat 27-Oct-12 15:20:42

Not once, but twice this pregnancy (39 weeks today!) I have been having conversations with people when they have randomly mentioned periods, and I had that moment of 'oh my god when was my last period' the kind you have when you DON'T want to be pregnant.

Noob grin

DizzyDizzy Sat 27-Oct-12 16:39:45

Walking down the ailses in morrisons, and stopping to go back, because tampons are on offer, and then remembering I won't be having a period for atleast 5 months!!........ DURHHH!!!!

PurplePidjInAPointyHat Sat 27-Oct-12 16:45:43

Switched straighteners on, then left the house without doing my hair

Walked past the pay + display machine - remembered an hour later, but too late. Council car park, too, so no getting out of it!

Popped to the shop for milk this morning and decided to get some nice part baked rolls for lunch. Having been to the supermarket yesterday and bought Proper Crusty Bread.

Poor dp has another 5 weeks of this to put up with hmm

FlaminNoraImPregnantPanda Sat 27-Oct-12 16:58:38

I got upset because the shower wasn't working. That's because instead of turning the tap on I was turning the dial on the shower raiser by mistake (ie halfway up the wall as opposed to on the actual bath). Yeah, if you want water it helps to turn the tap on.

bonzo77 Sat 27-Oct-12 17:06:05

Tried to plug the vacuum cleaner into the radio. Spent some time looking for the socket on the radio before realising. hmm

kellestar Sat 27-Oct-12 17:09:03

Collapsed the buggy with DD in it, she loudly protested. Not once have I done this before, no matter how exhausted.

WerewolvesDoTheFandango Sat 27-Oct-12 17:15:16

Thought it would be a good idea to take down, wash, iron and rehang 4 sets of curtains today. Not only is climbing stepladders while alone in the house ridiculously silly at 32 weeks pregnant its also bloody knackering! Can't even walk now!

I microwaved dry porridge oats the other week and started a thread like this one, and then did it again last week blush

PurplePidjInAPointyHat Sat 27-Oct-12 17:21:08

This thread is bad for me. Just tipped potatoes into hot fat (for roasting) without draining blush DP has taken over dinner before i burn the hoyse down!

WerewolvesDoTheFandango Sat 27-Oct-12 17:34:37

Bloody hell pidj when I started my thread you immediately went off and burned your hand attention seeker

Kelerina Sat 27-Oct-12 17:44:36

Turned on ( what I thought was) front right hob on cooker, realised it wasn't getting hot....thought it must be broken! So tested three other hobs by putting my hand on them to see if they were hot. You can see where this is going... Had turned on back right hob instead of front right hob and burnt the feck out of my hand. So stupid, I HOPE that was baby brain and I'm not just a complete moron

PurplePidjInAPointyHat Sat 27-Oct-12 17:50:58

I'm jinxed!!

Kelerina, hope you're ok - mine was hot water from the kettle, so very minor scald!

Kelerina Sat 27-Oct-12 17:57:07

Am fine! That was a week and a half ago and now the skin is peeling off, it went all brown first and now is falling off. It was one of those moments where the second you have done it you can't believe your own stupidity! And I'm going to be someone's mother!!!

squeezeemout Sat 27-Oct-12 21:16:02

I think if I actually wrote down all the silly things I've done or said while being pregnant it may be a strong case for me not being allowed to be a parent..... I struggled to close the cupboard door over & over earlier after I'd put the Hoover away, until I realised the Hoover was still in the hallway & my 13 month DD was in the cupboard on her see-saw blush oops

Pritchyx Sun 28-Oct-12 13:47:13

I keep going the cashpoint and getting £10 or £20 out and walking off without my card then getting angry and upset when I cant remember what I did with the money! It's now at the point where I make OH go cashpoint for me! smile

susanjessica123 Tue 30-Oct-12 22:21:12

Watching 'being liverpool' (a programme about liverpool football players) I asked my mum "who does he play for then"

whatchagonna Wed 31-Oct-12 00:20:48

I've done similar squeeze - FB is currently full of uni friends having their first babies and I was in tears of jealousy over one of them, until I realised I already have a 2yr old and a 6m pregnant bump...

TodaysAGhoulDay Wed 31-Oct-12 00:38:26

I twice forgot my PIN number in the shops when getting the week's shopping, and had to leave all the groceries there and go and sit in the car for half an hour 5 minutes until I remembered the number. Also, the number of times I put my cup of tea into the fridge when I put the milk back doesn't bear thinking about.

TheDetective Wed 31-Oct-12 00:45:31

I forgot this one selective memory!. I left the car keys in the ignition in my car when I went up to the day assessment unit a few weeks ago. For 3 fecking hours.

Idiot.

Notafoodbabyanymore Wed 31-Oct-12 01:00:49

I left an important message on the voicemail of someone I'd never met, forgot my phone number halfway through and had to just say "sorry, I'll text you my number." Then sent a text with my number in it. From the phone the number belonged to. The text was supposed to say "sorry for the scatty message" but actually said "sorry for the shitty message."

Just wanted to erase the whole sorry incident from history. blush

Yesterday on the way home I needed to go about a quarter of the way round a ring road to get home from work. Only I went the wrong way and instead had to do three quarters. And only noticed I was going the wrong way when I was completely opposite to my house - so just carried on in tears at being so stupid (I was already late after hitting lots of traffic - so a journey that normally takes 1 hour, should have taken about an hour and a half because of the traffic, ended up taking more than 2 hours)

Boyfriend doesn't know about the term 'pregnancy brain' but I think he's going to figure it out pretty soon...

Lovelylace Wed 31-Oct-12 11:42:48

ohh dear, I have so far put mobile phone in fridge, kept looking for it for an hour before finding it in the fridge where I was about to put a loo roll in there..Paid for a weeks shopping in Waitrose then went off without my bags..left trolly in a supermarket aisle to go off and find some dill, then walking away with someone elses trolly without realiseing...heeelpp

datingthedevil Wed 31-Oct-12 12:36:50

I decided on Sunday that it would be a good idea to saw a book shelf in half with an old fashioned manual saw.

It wasn't until the following day that I realised that I'd really hurt myself. So now I have pulled my back muscles and have bad SPD. Moving is even more agony than it was before which I didn't think was possible sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now