Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Flying to Paris at 33 weeks ?

(13 Posts)
terrywoganstrousers Thu 25-Oct-12 23:54:17

DP has suggested going to Paris for a few days in just over 2 weeks, when I'll be 33 weeks/ 33 + 4 on my return.
It would be nice to get away for a few days I think, and I have checked the airline (Air France) and they would take me ok.
I don't think I would be insured with the usual travel insurance (through bank) past 28 weeks so I plan to call them tomorrow and check if they can do an add on to the policy.
Am I mad to be considering this? My pregnancy has been low risk and no probs with baby etc so far, but I am recovering from whooping cough at the moment so am quite tired. I am hoping that in another two weeks I should be over it completely but am I rushing a bit? I don't think putting it off is an option given the dates so if we don't go then I don't think we will be able to go at all really before baby arrives- and I would really love to get a few lovely romantic days away without kids!

terrywoganstrousers Fri 26-Oct-12 00:08:05

Ah, you're all asleep!

BuntyCollocks Fri 26-Oct-12 06:42:56

I'd do it! First baby, low risk pregnancy, and you're going to Europe for less than a week. Absolutely. Just don't make the mistake of thinking you can walk as much as you usually can. Enjoy!

terrywoganstrousers Fri 26-Oct-12 07:48:02

Not my first baby but hoping grandparents will help out!

SweetPea3 Fri 26-Oct-12 08:11:02

Do you have an EHIC card - that would entitle you to NHS equivalent services if you gave birth there. You can apply online

terrywoganstrousers Fri 26-Oct-12 08:14:58

No I don't- is that like the old E111? Will investigate that

Teapot13 Fri 26-Oct-12 08:40:28

Is the flying the issue with the travel insurance? You could take the Eurostar. . .

terrywoganstrousers Fri 26-Oct-12 08:46:20

Don't think flying is the issue as airline ok- i am going to call the insurance company this morning but I imagine they will either say 'no' and I will have to get alternative cover, or i will be able to pay a one off amount to cover me.

terrywoganstrousers Fri 26-Oct-12 08:49:38

Thing is, Eurostar will be longer, more expensive and (therefore) less comfy I think, as well as more inconvenient as we live v close to Manchester Airport so flying much easier!grin
Air France don't have any restrictions but advise against travel in final month. I also thought it might be worth getting a doctors note just in case, or is this unnecessary? I do have a not inconsiderable bump!

Midgetm Fri 26-Oct-12 09:07:35

Of course you should, whilst you still can. Enjoy.

oscarwilde Fri 26-Oct-12 12:16:50

Definitely go - it sounds like a lovely idea. Bring v comfy walking shoes though and shop for lots of nice chic frrrraaannnccch baby clothes grin.

carrielou2007 Fri 26-Oct-12 12:25:00

I did as had booked Eyrisuaney with family before knew I was pregnant five everyone notice to book time IFC work etc. u dud need a letter from thd GP to confirm I was low risk/fit to fly etc. I was fine but though I am a big walker (was still a gym bunny then too) I did get very tired and have to sit down a lot looking after everyone's coats and bags grin

terrywoganstrousers Fri 26-Oct-12 12:39:40

Looks positive then folks ( lots of sitting in cafes requiredgrin)
Have just called Halifax insurance and they won't cover me but I don't think that's a deal breaker, we will just have to purchase separate cover for me and make sure I have a EUHC (I understand that there are a few companies who will insure pregnant women so I'm sure it won't be too dear given that it is only for four days)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now