Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant and referred to Mr Shehata?

(6 Posts)
curiousgeorgie Thu 25-Oct-12 23:51:47

Hi everyone,

Has anyone been pregnant and referred to Mr Shehata at Epsom? I've had one baby (my DD, now 2) and regular miscarriages for 18 months.

Went to GP to say I was pregnant and she sent a referral to hospital, and later that day got an appointment with the consultant.

Can anyone tell me what to expect? I think I'm just over 5 weeks...

MrsDonaldDraper Fri 26-Oct-12 04:52:41

Hi Georgie, I'm also pregnant and in Epsom, though have been seeing him privately as I don't want to wait for th NHS referral after my last m/c. He is excellent - you are in great hands. I'm on prednisone

Havingkittens Fri 26-Oct-12 16:35:21

I have been seeing Mr Shehata privately too. In fact, today I was discharged from his care after a very positive scan at 16 weeks. This is my 7th pregnancy and the first time I've got this far. If you want to chat with others who are under his care and hear their experiences we have a thread on the conception board that you can join us on if you like.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1552980-TTC-or-pregnancy-on-prednisolone-or-similar-part-9

You will be tested for NK Cells and blood clotting factors and depending on the results you will be put on either 25mg or 40mg of Prednisolone for the first trimester, Asprin, Vit D 250ug, Omega 3. The treatment can be slightly more involved seeing him privately as there are a couple of things that are not available on the NHS. He is super lovely and you will be in good hands. His consultations are pretty tight for time, especially on the NHS (I've seen him both NHS and privately) so prepare any questions beforehand so you don't leave the appointment things "Oh damn! I forgot to ask...."

If you have to wait a few weeks to see him I'd recommend starting on the Vit D, Pregnacare, & Omega 3 ASAP in the meantime.

MrsDonaldDraper Fri 26-Oct-12 16:49:10

Sorry - kittens puts it so much better! I shouldnt reply to messages in the middle of the night! I'm 11 weeks today and have also never got this far (kittens, I also saw him today, if you were at NL?)

I had elevated NK cells and also take aspirin and do a couple of other treatments with him privately. I agree re the supplements, though I take the zita west vits, and also her vital dha

Havingkittens Fri 26-Oct-12 16:52:41

I was there this morning for a scan and intralipids. If you were in reception at the same time as me, I was the very dopey, half asleep (8.40 appt!) but retro looking person with a white streak in my hair and big furry coat.

MrsDonaldDraper Fri 26-Oct-12 17:08:21

Ah no, I was in there at lunchtime.. Shame! I have intralipids next week..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now