Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Major cramp but nothing is happening :(

(6 Posts)
ALittleBitOfMagic Thu 25-Oct-12 19:41:35

Yesterday I started to get period pain which got worse ad the day went on . Went to triage who have said nothing is happening . I was in agony until the early hours of the morning . I've got the same pains again tonight it's like cramp I would get with my period .

I'm just thinking if things are maybe going to happen in the next few days , or if it could still be weeks . I'm 38+6 today .

The triage mw wasn't really much info . She told me I hadn't started dilating yet but wrote in my notes I'm 1-2cm dilated . She also said I wasn't having contractions but wrote in my notes she felt tightenings 15 seconds long .

I know I'm obviously not in labour but just wondering if it's going to be fairly soon .

This bit can go on for a while tbh. Rest if you can and remember to eat regularly. Good luck!

ALittleBitOfMagic Thu 25-Oct-12 21:33:41

I thought so sad wouldn't mind a few days but if I've got to go weeks feeling like this it's just going to drag in so much more .

graciem Thu 25-Oct-12 21:38:20

ooh i hope this is definatly the start of labour for you. you sound like your revving up to me. i did this and 8 days later had my baby so i wouldnt be worried about waiting weeks. good luck.

TomsBentPinky Thu 25-Oct-12 21:41:00

I had this for about a week. i told my midwife id had enough and wanted a sweep at my 39+5 appointment ... she agreed i was 5cms!

3 hours later and just having cramps and i was 7-8cms

an hour after that i had a son.

All these little twinges snd cramps ARE doing something!! Hang in there!

ALittleBitOfMagic Thu 25-Oct-12 21:57:00

Oh that makes me a bit more optimistic !

See that's what I said toms something must be happening I can feel something ! I'm obviously not in established labour but I thought I might not be far off but mw made out I'm no where near .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now