Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help! Pinkish blood from vagina at 34 + 3

(6 Posts)
DangerMousey Thu 25-Oct-12 17:07:17

Just leaving the office and noticed this when wiping after peeing. Also slight sharp pain deep in vagina.

Work in central London and live out in the burbs. Have managed to get on a train - am now about 30 mins from my house. Don't wanna be dramatic but feel overwhelming urge to get back to near my notes/hospital bag etc etc. obviously will be calling labour ward as soon as I get home but can anyone reassure me in the meantime?? I am going to be ol for the duration of this 25 minute train journey, aren't I??

What could this be? Something starting mega early? Something to worry about? Nothing to worry about?? Gaaaah.

Normal pregnancy throughout btw - this is the first out of the ordinary thing that's happened :-/

Sastra Thu 25-Oct-12 17:50:11

Could it be your plug?

Sastra Thu 25-Oct-12 17:50:28

And is it def from your vagina?

MahnaMahna Thu 25-Oct-12 18:14:16

I had this towards the end. I had slight cervical erosion after having sex with my DH. A few things can cause this though because your cervix is much more sensitive at the moment.

What did the labour ward say? Keep us informed xx

Ruthie101 Thu 25-Oct-12 18:22:28

Hope all is ok DangerMousey. Everyone keeps telling me that spotting and pains can occur at anytime in pregnancy but that doesn't stop it being gutwrenching! Praying for you.

DangerMousey Thu 25-Oct-12 18:54:48

thanks ladies - so i got home and called the labour ward. They said that they are not normally concerned about a 'pink loss' at this stage....like mahna says above, they told me that women sometimes get this in late pregnancy due to changes in the anatomy of their cervix and due to everything getting all a bit swollen/different down there.

It's deffo from my vagina, i put a tissue covered finger slightly inside, and that's where it was coming from (ie deffo not from urethra or back passage - sory tmi!).

She told me to put a pad on an keep an eye on it over the next few hours, cos if it gets wet, it could be my waters going. And if it turns into proper red blood and not just a pinky tinge when I wipe, I should call back too.

Think I just shit myself panicked cos I was in the middle of the city, and nowhere near my notes/labour ward phone number etc etc. Will be taking notes to work in future.

Also am a bit worried that I have caused this to happen through stress...am manically trying to get lots of stuff finished at work before i go off on mat leave in 2 weeks (if i make it that long...!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now