Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Falling pregnant literally as soon as you've given birth.....

(9 Posts)
Littleraysofsunshine Thu 25-Oct-12 09:39:13

How did you feel you coped? Mind, body spirit and all? Moro mention having a newborn x

Littleraysofsunshine Sun 28-Oct-12 18:33:54

?

QueenOfFlamingEffigies Sun 28-Oct-12 18:45:21

Literally? Not sure that is possible...

I have a good friend who has 11 months between her two youngest DSs and she found it very VERY hard.

VivaLeBeaver Sun 28-Oct-12 18:49:56

I hope you waited for the midwife to leave the room! grin

CountryKitty Sun 28-Oct-12 19:22:15

If unplanned then I guess you've got to just get on with it.

Happened to a friend. As above v v hard and I'm not sure either child has benefited from it. Wasn't planned in her case and she wouldn't recommend it.

If planning to do so, each to their own, but I would think long and hard about the impact on both children, both in their baby/ early years and as they grow up.

As you probably can tell I favour larger gaps but your choice!

marriednotdead Sun 28-Oct-12 19:24:34

A member of ex's family had eight and a half months between her DCs thanks to a prem birth. They were in the same academic year and she was quite embarrassed about it.

FrightRunScream Sun 28-Oct-12 19:32:01

I have a distant friend who deliberately has 10 months between hers. She deliberately did not bf DC1 to up her chances of getting pg straight away. She is a hospital doctor and it's something to do with taking a set of exams before the previous ones expire.

Littleraysofsunshine Sun 28-Oct-12 19:39:53

I'm not planning on a tiny gap. If it happens, it happens. My girls are 18m apart.

Dd's Aubrey and uncle are 11 m apart. Just wondered the impact on mum as well as kids. ( physically/health wise) for mum

Mylittlepuds Sun 28-Oct-12 21:53:11

Apparently your body doesn't fully recover from your first child until 17 months!!! I'm not just talking weight loss but vitamin and hormone levels etc. I only found this out when recently researching the best age gap to have between children. Just as I was starting to feel more like my old self - yep at 17 months - bam, looked at my husband and pregnant again.

Shock to me but apparently having babies any closer than this can impact on the health of the subsequent baby and they can risk a low birth weight: I know lots and lots of people though who've had DCs a lot closer than two years apart though and been fine, themselves and the baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now