Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Confused over scan dates

(6 Posts)
Sweetsandchocolate Wed 24-Oct-12 21:02:01

Hiya all. I'm 18 weeks pregnant with third baby and showing quite large. According to my dating scan and my 12 week scan, my due date is end of March. But this means I conceived the day BEFORE I had a miscarriage. I phoned my MW and told her this, she said it doesn't matter, they go on the scan dates. But to me, this means I either didn't really miscarry and am really 24 weeks or that I'm actually 16 weeks pregnant. My concern is that baby will either come really early or I'll be induced when baby's not ready. Does anyone know more about this or been through the same thing?

Thanks x

Sweetsandchocolate Fri 26-Oct-12 12:36:16

Bump!

FatimaLovesBread Fri 26-Oct-12 12:42:57

They date from the first day of your last period so effectively 2 weeks before you conceive. So in your case it's dated from when you miscarried and you would have ovulated and conceived about 2 weeks after that. The dates sounds correct.

Sorry about your miscarriage and congrats on your pregnancy smile

terilou87 Fri 26-Oct-12 12:48:37

it doesnt really make sence to me but the dating scans are usually pretty accurate give or take 5 days at the most so i wouldnt worry about baby coming early your classed as full term from 37 weeks. smile

FatimaLovesBread Fri 26-Oct-12 12:51:01

When you say from your due date it means you conceived the day before, is that with counting 40 weeks back from your due date or 38 weeks?

Sweetsandchocolate Fri 26-Oct-12 16:57:28

Thanks Fatima, that makes sense to me now. I used one of those calendar things that tells you conception date based on due dates, so am guessing 40 weeks.
Eid Mubarak by the way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now