Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TMI but reddish pee @ 38+6?

(7 Posts)

I havent had any mucus or blood when I wipe etc. But today at MILs I got extremely uncomfortable. I couldnt sit, had to lie down because of a dull pain in my abdomen.

So DP was driving us home and I had quite a sharp pain. It wasnt in the bump but was in my lower abdomen.

Just went to the loo and the pee had a pinkish/reddish tinge to it. DP agreed it looked red. (Oh the shame blush )

Google says it could be a uti or kidney infection, but apart from today I have had no pains, no running to loo etc etc. My pee has been quite dark throughout this pregnancy, even when I drink 2l of water a day.

Should I be concerned? Baby still moving as normal. My pee showed up clear only a week ago at a check up.

JustFabulous Wed 24-Oct-12 20:44:47

I think you should ring your midwife. What happened a week ago is irrelevant.
Good luck.

IWantToGoToThere Wed 24-Oct-12 20:57:21

It could be a bit of blood from your show. With DS, my show started as blood rather than mucus and when mixed with urine it did look pinky/red. Go and get it checked out anyway (I did as didn't know a show could start as bleeding) but this might be it. Good luck!

Thanks. I rang the EAU in the maternity dept and she said its either a bit of the show or a uti. I have to leave a sample down to the nurse at the GPs tomorrow and ask her to check.

Im getting pains now and feel a bit like I need a poo but not really. Cant tell if its uti pains or not.

Really fucking bad timing. We are homeless on friday. Oh God sad

Thanks for replies! smile

JustFabulous Thu 25-Oct-12 14:13:05

How are things today?

Sample was clear so they think it was a bit of a bloody show.

All the pains have stopped so I think it was braxton hicks.

Really need to keep it in until after the weekend!

JustFabulous Thu 25-Oct-12 14:35:50

Good luck!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now