Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Signs my body's gearing up?

(6 Posts)
wkmmum Wed 24-Oct-12 15:45:20

I'm 35+5 with DC2. With DS I went to 41 weeks and never had any signs before going into labour. But with this one I think my body is starting to get ready...

I've had braxton hicks for ages but now getting period type pains with them. Am pooing a lot (sorry tmi), have started producing colostrum and have really gone off food. Was talking to my doula about it earlier and she thinks it sounds like things are happening too.

Of course now I've said all that I'll probably go over again lol. But just have this really strong feeling that this baby's not going to stay put for much longer xx

ItsMyLastOne Wed 24-Oct-12 16:41:49

I've had this for a couple of weeks too and I'm 34+2. I've had colostrum since 31 weeks as well, which I was happy about as I struggled with milk production when I had DD and never had any colostrum before she was born.

I also never had any of these feelings when pg with DD, well not until 39+2, and she came on her due date.

It's made me decide to get everything ready just in case. Although I haven't even thought about a hospital bag - that's a job for this week I think!

Maybe you should make sure you're all set too, but don't get your hopes up! wink

wkmmum Wed 24-Oct-12 17:40:40

I packed my hospital bag yesterday grin Everything else is pretty much set. I know lots of people have colostrum from quite early on but just wondering if that on top of all the other things is more than a coincidence.

As fed up as I am now with being pregnant (this one's been pretty rough) I'd actually like this baby to cook for a couple more weeks. So I've decided that from now on I'm going to as little as possible xx

FatimaLovesBread Wed 24-Oct-12 17:47:03

I'm 35+5 as well and I've been feeling pretty similar. No idea if it means anything though as this is my first.
I want to go at least 2 weeks as I only had the WC jab yesterday.
I've been getting a bit of bump ache/period pains but nothing long lasting

Chunkychicken Wed 24-Oct-12 17:53:05

I'm labour-symptom spotting too!! I'm 36+2 with DC2 and have been maddly cleaning and tidying all day. Have had fairly frequent BH (although by no means regular or ramping up to anything iyswim) and baby was 1/5 engaged at my MW appt yesterday, plus I was getting terrible sharp/shooting pains in my lady bits last night where baby's head must have 'burrowing down'!!

I haven't felt tired at all today, despite a poor night, and have been frantically trying to get everything organised. Its weird but I don't remember doing this with DD, and she was born at 39+3. I haven't had leaky boobs yet, but with DD they leaked from 20wks so I'm just grateful to have dry bras this time around!!

It's definitely the not knowing that ruins your head. The thought I could be doing this for another 5wks or more is horrifying!!!

issimma Wed 24-Oct-12 17:59:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now