Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

how reliable are maternity allowance payments?

(7 Posts)
SkinnyMarinkADink Wed 24-Oct-12 14:23:43

I had to start maternity leave early, so have had the forms filled in a couple weeks, was told by the job centre plus people on the phone not to send the forms before 26 weeks pregnant so i sent them first class signed for the day before i turned 26 weeks so they got them in time for processing..

How likely is it that when i turn 29 weeks i will start being paid?? were in dire straights and im so desperate for it to all work out!!

katiecubs Wed 24-Oct-12 14:26:10

i'm pretty sure i started getting payments after 2-3 weeks so hopefully you will be ok!

SkinnyMarinkADink Wed 24-Oct-12 14:37:30

Im a bit confused by the wording of it as it says you can claim from 26 weeks, however they don't pay till 29 weeks but they pay in arrears so does this mean 31 weeks is when my payments will starts??

<panics>

Phone all the time. Keep checking.

When mine were processed I didnt get the money until 4 weeks before my due date.

SkinnyMarinkADink Wed 24-Oct-12 14:45:57

shock

Flisspaps Wed 24-Oct-12 14:47:17

Mine was sorted no problem - claimed at 26w, paid from 29w, paid fortnightly from then on.

ItsMyLastOne Wed 24-Oct-12 16:50:01

I sent my forms off to start maternity leave at 39+5. I think it was the following week that the firs payment came in, but I'm really not certain. I know they were always exactly on time from then on though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now