Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Urgent help needed ladies! Anyone know of a peanut oil free progesterone supplement?

(2 Posts)
Takora Wed 24-Oct-12 01:06:46

I got a BFP this morning, but am feeling pretty nervous as I've had 2 consecutive miscarriages already. The miscarriage clinic prescribed progesterone capsules (200g) to take as soon as I got my BFP, so I rushed to the GP this morning, got the prescription and then spent most of the day trying to find somewhere that stocked them. I get some especially ordered to a supermarket a bit of a drive from me, but just went over there to pick them up this evening, only to find that they contain peanut oil. I am allergic to peanuts, so I'm guessing the clinic didn't check my file properly, but now I'm worried that I won't be able to get another type of progesterone, or if I can get an alternative, it will take several days and all the while my body isn't making enough progesterone for my baby again.
After a bit of googling, I found that it is possible to get compounded progesterone and progesterone in alternative solutions such as sesame oil or even dry, but I can't find any brand names or how/where to get them prepared for me.

Has anyone got any experience with this at all or does anyone have any ideas about what I could do? I have written directly to the miscarriage clinic and I'm going to see my GP again tomorrow, but it would be good to have a little knowledge of my own to try and avoid wasting any more time.
A big thank you in advance.

r3dsquirrel Wed 24-Oct-12 01:54:11

Cyclogest pessaries are nut free. Bit more hassle than tablets but very effective.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now