Talk

Advanced search

Broken waters or heavy discharge?!

(17 Posts)
Mummytobee2012 Tue 23-Oct-12 20:59:58

Im nearly 36 weeks pregnant and i lost what i believe to me my mucus plug about 2 weeks ago in little pieces, TMI warning: It was in a ball, had 4/5 quite big bits, Creamy white in color, sometimes i would notice it in my underwearblush other times id see it when i wiped. I posted the other day about period cramps, which have been getting VERY slowly worse. Along with this i had pain in my back. I now feeling nauseous, restless suffering from insomnia and have a hip/pelvis ache and can feel throbbing in my bottom and vagina. I spoke to my midwife today and told her about what i thought was heavy discharge, she told me to keep an eye on it and ring if any problems. I've been speaking to family and friends who have had children and some of them said that i may be leaking my A/F; I can feel as if im leaking when im laying down or sitting. I wipped my self before urinating and the tissue was soaked. My underwear are damp (ive put a pad on.) It was odourless and slightly thick but not as thick as discharge? Help? Please smile

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Tue 23-Oct-12 21:02:35

You need to phone the labour ward. If your waters are leaking, you are open to infection.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Tue 23-Oct-12 21:03:17

And it definitely sounds as if your waters are leaking.

Runningblue Tue 23-Oct-12 21:05:13

I'm with saggy on this, def ask labour ward for advice ASAP ..

I had a lot, and I mean a lot, of clear water at the very start of labour.

The MW advised me to go in because they couldnt guarantee it wasnt my waters. But it turned out it wasnt.

That said, all the symptoms you are describing are exactly how my labour started!

Good luck smile

Mummytobee2012 Tue 23-Oct-12 21:08:58

I'm going to ring my local l/d in 10 mins smile see what they have to say, i was given an internal yesterday, could this be the reason? During the internal my doctor said my cervix was REALLY soft but thick? x

MildredIsMyAlterEgo Tue 23-Oct-12 21:09:33

I agree, it sounds like your waters. Ring the hospital. Good luck!

NellyBluth Tue 23-Oct-12 21:10:13

I'd phone and check. I had a lot of discharge for a few days, I thought it was just the last of my plug going but it was actually my waters. No one noticed despite being on the pre-labour ward for 12 hours, the crap feckers and my waters were infected and DD was very poorly.

I really don't mean this to worry you, but its always better to be safe and babies can get really quite poorly from infected waters.

Congrats though, sounds like baby is on its way!

AlisonDB Tue 23-Oct-12 21:10:31

Hey, glad to hear you are still ok,
I would keep your pad on and contact the LW again NOW, please don't wait till the morning!
You are still only 36 wks do you would be classed as preterm and your baby may need extra help if you deliver now,
It does sound to me like AF, they will be able to tell you more once they have seen your pad, as Saggy says if it is your AF leaking you are open to infection.

My labour with DS1 started with throbbing bottom & vagina, almost like someone was holding a giant magnet underneath them pulling them down!

Listen to your gut instinct too and don't get fobbed off if you think something is not quite right!

Keep us posted! Xx

Mummytobee2012 Tue 23-Oct-12 21:12:56

Thank you people! xx

Mummytobee2012 Tue 23-Oct-12 21:21:40

They don't seem overly worried, told me to see if its continuing in an hour, if it is my waters what will happen? Will i be kept in over night or?! I'm currently talking to a close family friend whos a midwife too, so if i feel any wetter ill go in now, instead of waiting the hour!xx

AlisonDB Wed 24-Oct-12 10:42:29

How is it this morning? Any faster/slower?
x

Mummytobee2012 Wed 24-Oct-12 11:26:30

There still like a gentle leak still, i've got hosp at 1 smilex

AlisonDB Wed 24-Oct-12 11:50:12

Good luck! :-)

AlisonDB Fri 26-Oct-12 07:34:59

How are you? Any developments? Are you ok?

Mummytobee2012 Mon 29-Oct-12 18:13:36

Im good thanks, nope nothing sad

AlisonDB Mon 29-Oct-12 18:55:30

Oh I was hoping your silence meant you were snuggling your LO!
Not long to go now. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now