Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can a cervical erosion in pregnancy cause constant red bleeding and clots?

(4 Posts)

I'm about 6 or 7 weeks, just having a crap time of it. I started with mild bleeding at about 4 or 5 weeks, it has continued and just got worse. Right now it's a constant red bleed like a normal heavyish period, with lots of clots, no bigger than a jellybean. In the last two days I've started with possible round ligament pain after doing the school run. Achy sort of period pains, back/hip ache and occasionally I even feel it in the tops of my thighs.

I was diagnosed with a cervical erosion in my last pregnancy, bled for 3 weeks solid but not this badly. I've been scanned twice so far in this pregnancy, they saw a sac and yolk sac, and they'll be scanning me again next week to see a heartbeat. She saw no reason for bleeding in the uterus, so we assumed it was cervical erosion again.

But now with the pain and stuff it has me worried again. I feel so miserable. Can a cervical erosion lead to this much constant red bleeding? What does round ligament pain feel like? I know people will say "call the epu" but I've had two scans in two weeks, and one booked for next week. They aren't going to want to scan me this week too!

mummy2benji Tue 23-Oct-12 19:32:50

Yes it can do I believe but equally you want the reassurance of seeing a heartbeat on your scan, and unfortunately you've been too early to see that on the scans you've had so far. It is horrible having to just wait for the next scan - I've been there - I hope the time doesn't go too slowly and that you get to see baby's heartbeat then. I hear you about the epau not wanting to do anything further right now than wait for your scan next week, but if your bleeding were to get heavier and make you feel faint or dizzy and unwell, you should still be checked out to make sure you're not getting anaemic / blood pressure too low. x

Numbthumbs Tue 23-Oct-12 19:57:30

Hmmm, im 27 weeks and have been bleeding bright red blood every day since i was 18 weeks, clots also. Ive been into hospital loads and they say its cervical erosion and nothing to worry about UNLESS i get pain. I had it in my last pg too.

If i was you i would ring them and explain that you have been told you have cervical erosion and have been bleeding lots but you have started to experience pain - cervical erosion should not give you any pain as far as im aware and i certainly havent had any. They might just get you in and have a look at your cervix again. Its best to have it all in your notes.

Congrats on your pregnancy and good luck.

spanky2 Tue 23-Oct-12 20:01:22

I bled with both ds because of cervical erosion but not clots. Both my boys were born healthy. Hope i have reassured you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now