Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Estimating Due Date

(4 Posts)
pinkposey Tue 23-Oct-12 18:28:51

Hiya all

I am 31 weeks 2 days pregnant, and I went to the doctors today where I had a scan.

My doctor asked me how big my son had been at birth, then told me that the size of the baby looks like the baby will be about 10 days early (or that the size of the baby is 10 days larger than the due date suggests).

I hadn't known that it was possible to estimate due dates from scans, given that babies come at all different sizes anyhow. Is it...? How accurate do you think this guess is?

Thanks!

Ellypoo Tue 23-Oct-12 20:09:15

I thought that after 12-14 weeks babies all grow at different rates, and growth scans can be way off in estimating weights so I wouldn't pay too much attention to that due date.
Also, just because your son weighed x doesn't necessarily mean that this baby will be the same.

pinkposey Wed 24-Oct-12 09:47:52

That is what I thought. Thank you!

Rachel130690 Wed 24-Oct-12 09:51:06

I agree that's its crap. I was told my son would be close to the 6lb mark. Was never mentioned if he would def be on time or late. He was 7lb 7oz when born.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now