Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

horrendous headaches anyone?!

(7 Posts)
enjay0811 Mon 22-Oct-12 21:15:04

Please tell me I'm not the only one suffering here? 14+3 with dc3 and never had this in previous pregnancies but for about the last 2 weeks I've been having the most awful headaches! Woke up with 1 this morning and was so bad by lunchtime I had to abandon my half eaten supernoodles (just part of my rubbish early pregnancy diet atm) to throw up in work blush tried taking paracetemol, drinking more water, eating more, eating less...but each only help for about half an hour. Anyone having the same? Any advice?

plannedshock Mon 22-Oct-12 22:06:34

I had a headache last week that lasted 4days! Right in my forehead, 2nd time it's happened for a few days, im 15+3

Kelerina Mon 22-Oct-12 22:10:49

I had this around the 14 week Mark, and am pleased to say that the headaches are completely gone now at 21 weeks! Have been gone for ages too.think it's hormonal

Sossiges Mon 22-Oct-12 22:12:59

Another vote for hormones, had bad headaches for a few weeks around 15 weeks, all gone now

Zoonose Mon 22-Oct-12 22:13:50

I had this in both my pregnancies for about 10 weeks each time, but was familiar with it because I used to get menstrual migraine. For me, if I took paracetamol plus (ie paracetamol with caffeine) it stopped the headache. I had to take it first thing, as soon as I knew I had the headache. The caffeine in the tablets does not take you over the daily recommended allowance during pregnancy. May not work for you but as it did for me I thought it was worth mentioning. Am sitting here now with another horrible hormonal headache and about to go and take painkillers ... hate headaches so I sympathise!

VintageRainBoots Mon 22-Oct-12 22:15:20

Hormone headaches or migraines? Hormones and headaches often go hand-in-hand. My migraines actually went away during pregnancy, but came back with a vengeance after I weaned my daughter.

Slainte Mon 22-Oct-12 22:25:30

It might be worth checking this with your MW in case it's blood pressure related. HTH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now