Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sudden increase in thirst and feeling rubbish

(3 Posts)
bogbean Mon 22-Oct-12 19:44:34

Hello... I'm 14 weeks tomorrow...

On Saturday morning I woke up with an intense headache which lasted all day and has persisted on and off since then. I have also been insatiably thirsty from Saturday with a dry mouth. I have been urinating A LOT more, though probably due to drinking more - however, I nearly wet myself on the way to work in the car today! That's a new one.

Along with this I have been feeling dizzy, extra tired with an aching middle back (possibly around the kidneys).

I will phone the midwife tomorrow... But any thoughts? It all seems to have happened very suddenly.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 22-Oct-12 21:35:37

Regardless you need a urine dip - take a sample with you or be ready to wee when she asks. Could just be a urine infection (obviously need treating quickly). Could be GD but to be honest I'm 13 weeks and have increased thirst too so I'd try not to worry about it!

hopeful92 Tue 23-Oct-12 08:06:41

Sounds like a UTI is on its way, take a pee sample to the docs. I had one very early on and they can treat with amoxocillin wheb your pregnant, it doesnt harm the baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now