Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

HELP :L

(3 Posts)
Mummytobee2012 Mon 22-Oct-12 19:00:25

Could somebody tell me what V/E thick post closed cx means please? I just read it in my notes, apparently my son is 3-4/5ths engaged and my cervix is extremely soft, but not dilated? Does this mean labour is near?!

mummy2benji Mon 22-Oct-12 19:52:44

V/E = vaginal examination. Thick posterior closed cervix - posterior means your cervix is towards the back (women vary in where the position of their cervix is, that isn't particularly relevant). The cervix is currently closed and thick refers to the fact that it is still in the shape of the cervical canal, so it hasn't yet softened enough to thin out and flatten against baby's head, which it will do as your body gets ready for labour. It basically means that the cervix isn't quite ready to begin labour yet, but equally a day or two could change that so it doesn't mean necessarily that labour is far away. It could still happen soon! Baby's head engaged means he is in the right position, down in the pelvis and ready to go when the time arrives!

Mummytobee2012 Mon 22-Oct-12 20:20:38

I know what engaged means, it was just the other bits :D My doc said i was extremely soft but thick haha :L

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now