Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Confused about dates - tell me when Baby Cookbook is due!

(11 Posts)
CollectorOfCookbooks Mon 22-Oct-12 15:22:45

First midwife?s appointment this morning and (aside from the fact it was the biggest anticlimax ever!) I really did not agree with her on dates ? just wondered what everyone else thought?

LMP 09/09/2012
Ovulated 18/09/2012

And I have a 27 day cycle ? like clockwork.

I make that anywhere between 11-15th June 2013 as a due date. She?s put me down as the 16th June but says she thinks that?s early. The doctor said the 18th June!

What?s the MN verdict? And yes, I know I?ll know at the scan, but 6 weeks is a long time to wait grin

CollectorOfCookbooks Mon 22-Oct-12 15:23:20

Crikey, sorry about the rogue question marks in there - didn't come up when I previewed my post!

squidgeberry Mon 22-Oct-12 15:32:08

They will probably be basing the dates on ovulation occurring on day 14, 2 weeks after the LMP.

I have a long cycle and knew that I ovulated later than they thought. I therefore was only 10 weeks at my 12 week scan, so have to go back next week for a re-scan.

Pascha Mon 22-Oct-12 15:35:06

She's basing it on working 40 weeks from the date of your LMP, regardless of when you may have ovulated. Its not set in stone at this point, your scan will give you the official EDD.

Pascha Mon 22-Oct-12 15:37:15

Oops missed your last sentence about waiting for scan blush. Its only a guide anyway. Baby is deemed full term from 37 weeks so you could spend up to five weeks waiting and waiting and waiting for baby to be born...

ladymia Mon 22-Oct-12 15:51:32

It doesn't make any difference as it will change at your first scan anyways.

Not sure why it makes a difference?

CollectorOfCookbooks Mon 22-Oct-12 15:57:01

It only makes a difference in so much as I'm devouring 'what your baby looks like' at X weeks I guess!

I'll just have to live with the uncertainty then grin

WhyMeWhyNot Mon 22-Oct-12 16:01:48

16 June by LMP. When you have your scan it will show 2 dates, by LMP and by scan. They'll use the scan dates for all tests etc. Congratulations ..

ladymia Mon 22-Oct-12 16:06:46

I was also 100% sure of dates (LMP and ovulation) and my due date changed by 3 days at my 12 week scan.

When is your first scan?? smile

CollectorOfCookbooks Mon 22-Oct-12 16:21:31

Waiting for the scan dates to come through from the hospital - midwife said that it would be 'between 11-14 weeks' - so about 5 to 6 weeks to wait. Good to know about the two dates, WhyMe, thanks

No reason for me to have a private scan, I'm just impatient!

Dandelion75 Mon 22-Oct-12 21:05:22

I don't think it's a very exact science tbh. I had IVF so know precisely the date (and even time grin) that our LO was conceived, and had a due date calculated by the clinic - but MW added 2 days to that, and then it changed back again by 5 days at the 12 week scan!

I've been told the NHS wil treat you based on your EDD from your scan - so even though I know that is technically 4 days wrong that's the date I'm going with when obsessing on 'how big is your baby this week' websites!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now