Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Diarrhea at 37 weeks.

(12 Posts)
FreddieMercurysEnormusPumpkin Mon 22-Oct-12 10:42:55

Sorry if TMI. I've had pretty bad diarrhea and painful trapped wind since Saturday. I haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary that could have caused it, DH and I had the same lunch and dinner on Friday and he is fine. I stuck to toast, bananas and water yesterday, bar one cup of tea. I still was awake a lot last night in discomfort with wind and going to the toilet a LOT. Baby's movements are fine. Is this just a late pregnancy thing? Has anyone else experienced this?

OhGood Mon 22-Oct-12 10:44:41

I remember asking the same question and someone on here told me it often means things are about to get started. Body getting ready to go.

Exciting! Have you packed your bag?? grin

OhGood Mon 22-Oct-12 10:47:02

have you had braxtons?

FreddieMercurysEnormusPumpkin Mon 22-Oct-12 10:50:57

Packed it on Saturday (bit late I know) because I thought it was things getting moving. I have had Braxtons but have had them since 30 weeks. It was a sign of labour with DS, but literally the night before labour started.

OhGood Mon 22-Oct-12 10:54:11

Maybe you do just have a bug? Do you think you need to call midwife or s'thing? Can't imagine they would say anything other than 'keep fluids up' but at this late stage of the game might be worth making sure they know.

Inneedofbrandy Mon 22-Oct-12 10:56:36

I had diarrhoea the day before labour started both times! I remember thinking both times while on the way to hospital least I won't poo myself in front of everyone having nothing left to poo out!

OhGood Mon 22-Oct-12 11:04:29

It sort of sounds like a good plan physically. Clearing the area, so to speak.

FreddieMercurysEnormusPumpkin Mon 22-Oct-12 13:33:51

Well if labour starts after almost four days of diarrhea I will not be happy, I'm too tired for labour to start now! It must be a bug. Ugh. DH got me some diarloyte there and I have a GP appointment on Wednesday if it keeps up I can ask her about it. No point in calling midwives, unless you are in labour or bleeding they don't want to know.

Boop33 Mon 22-Oct-12 17:19:37

I have had similar but maybe not quite as bad as yours ............?? I generally do not have regular bowel movements and are looking to go once a day. Recently I have been having 2 ,3 or 4 bowel movements a day .................??
it is definitely not a bug and i have been told that its body getting ready ....I really hope so and 38 +1 today and cannot wait to meet DC. However this has been going on for 4 -5 days now and nothing concrete has happened.

Freddie If you are literally going to the toilet ALL the time and feeling 'off it' as well might be worth getting checked out at docs - do you feel sick too ? could it be gastroenteritis?

xx

FreddieMercurysEnormusPumpkin Mon 22-Oct-12 17:49:54

I won't get an appointment til Weds anyway, booked that two weeks ago! Could get an emergency appointment for tomorrow but the doc who covers them is rubbish. Feeling a bit better after the diarolyte, might just be in my head though! I do feel sick and nauseous, but I was like this with DS towards the end, think baby is just getting too big and squishing everything. Hope your baby comes soon Boop, best of luck!

FreddieMercurysEnormusPumpkin Tue 23-Oct-12 17:35:45

Feeling much better today, chanced some soup today and all is good in the um...bottom departmentsmile i will have a very boring Drs. appointment tomorrow. Thanks everyonesmile

FreddieMercurysEnormusPumpkin Thu 25-Oct-12 13:03:10

She said it was probably just pre labour symptoms. Yaay. Oh and the baby has turned and is breech nowsad Not yaay. Going to spend the remainder of this pregnancy standing on my head trying to get it down...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now