Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Transverse baby

(5 Posts)
datingthedevil Sun 21-Oct-12 00:51:42

Hi all,

If my baby is lying in a transverse position, would it make my bump look smaller? I'm 32+3 and people still tell me how 'tiny' I am.

Thank you x

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Sun 21-Oct-12 10:20:11

It might make your bump an odd shape but take people's comments with a pinch of salt. DS was 5lb and people were telling me I looked huge. DC2 is heading towards 9lb and this time the bump 'is so neat' hmm

BuntyCollocks Sun 21-Oct-12 10:40:12

Transverse baby tends to make your bump sausage shaped across your stomach. Could be baby is nestled more in toward your back. My bump changes size daily dependant on whether she decides to play out in front, or hide at my back!

FranTan Sun 21-Oct-12 12:15:59

My baby is transverse too and when I questioned the midwife, she said it can indeed make you measure smaller. Conversely I am measuring big for my dates but for a week or two measured correct for dates, hence transverse positioning.

Are you like me - slumping over a birthing ball and going swimming in an attempt to get them to turn?

C0smos Sun 21-Oct-12 12:19:35

I had a fairly small bump and it also looked a bit wonky as I had a bulge on 1 side where DS' head was.
I had a CS no big deal so don't stress about it and don't consider this awful manual thing where they try and turn your baby forgotten what it's called, they refuse to perform it where live because of the dangers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now