Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

36 +3, a long baby?

(5 Posts)
mameulah Sat 20-Oct-12 10:48:21

My dh is 6 foot 2 and I am 5 foot 6. I am sure I can feel our baby kick in my ribs, right under my boob and in my groin. Is that because the baby can swim about or is it more likely, at this stage in pregnancy, that we have a really long baby?

Isandri Sat 20-Oct-12 12:24:21

I have this and am having a long baby smile
I'm 5ft 4 and my husband is 6 ft 4 ish. The baby has been kicking me in the ribs for the last few weeks. I'm now 37 weeks, the babies head is engaged and it can still kick me in the ribs. I had a scan in the week and have been told the baby has a just below average head, with very long arms and legs. It's expected to be approx 9lb when born.

AlisonDB Sat 20-Oct-12 13:45:35

I'm 5" my DH 5.7"
Our 1st DS kicked me in the ribs till the day he was born,
He was swamped even in newbaby (size 50cm) clothes when he was born and was only on the 10th percentile for his length.
Think it just depends on how they are lying.

mameulah Sat 20-Oct-12 18:28:04

Thank you!

Isandri Mon 22-Oct-12 20:04:39

Oh forgot to say earlier. If I've been on lying on my side for a while the baby stretches out and it's feet end up right under/in my ribs. Since its head engaged its been much better but it still stretches out when I sleep. once I've been upright for a few minutes it soon moves its feet down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now